Scientist eh!! Huhh!!!!

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/g201404/frederic-dumoulin-interview/

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/g201511/mathematics-scientist-believe-in-god/

such anger,prejudice and hypocrisy on a simple forum supposed to be free for all. I wish you all you all wish for xx good bye

Scientist eh!! Huhh!!!!

What a load of old codswallop.  Especially the bit about our brains being protected from bacteria.  Tell that to someone who's had meningitis !!!.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

Scientist eh!! Huhh!!!!

@023mjc wrote:

What a load of old codswallop.  Especially the bit about our brains being protected from bacteria.  Tell that to someone who's had meningitis !!!.

Meningitis = inflammation of the meninges

meninges = protective membrane OF THE brain, not the brain itself.

such anger,prejudice and hypocrisy on a simple forum supposed to be free for all. I wish you all you all wish for xx good bye

Scientist eh!! Huhh!!!!

For all the genuine seekers of solutions to this worlds many problems and a hope for the future please visit the official JW website where you will find the truth and answers to any questions you may have and an abundance of wonderful and interesting topics of all kinds. Please use this wonderful tool it is there for all. A gift from Jehovah.

Scientist eh!! Huhh!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Forum, It's not a new thing. There are plenty of scientists who believe in God. Maybe not so many like to admit it for obvious reasons.

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

Scientist eh!! Huhh!!!!

I'm not sure what point is being made that 2 scientists have said they are JWs

99.85% of American earth and life scientists believe in evolution and very close to 100% of scientists believe that the earth is millions of years old and not 6-10,000 yrs that Creationists apparently believe in spite of overwhelming evidence that it cannot be so young.

2 examples say nothing about the belief of scientists in general, neither do they provide any proof that the views of JWs are correct

Haven't we done this subject to death?  People can believe what they want as far as I'm concerrned.

I didn't participate in the recent last long thread about JWs, but because of it I read up quite a lot about JWs.  The more I read, the more I was convinced that this movement has many elements in common with a cult, including cruelty and brainwashing, secrecy about child abuse, and other controlling and unpleasant attributes so I decided not to post there as I have no wish to offend.

However, I don't think that pushing your beliefs here will convert other independently-minded individuals to change their beliefs, so I don't see the point of starting another thread essentially about JWs, although of course you are free to post what you want, as are the rest of us.

As Harry said, some scientists believe in God.  However that does not mean that their beliefs have to be incompatible with  the science about our origins and evolution. To be JWs they would have to reject scientific evidence but I'm willing to bet that the number of scientists who are JWs is miniscule.

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

Scientist eh!! Huhh!!!!

As far as I recall, quite a few scientists were Nazis......it's not just their knowledge of their subjects that's open to question; but more their judgement and common sense. Smiley Indifferent

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

Scientist eh!! Huhh!!!!

Nor did I join in the previous thread.. It's like in my local, politics and religion may come up in conversation and everyone is free to join in.  But proselytising would be discouraged as inappropriate in that situation.  IMO it isn't here either.

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

Scientist eh!! Huhh!!!!

The first one gets a hat trick.

God of the Gaps,   Intelligent Design and  Irreducible Complexity.    

No cigar though, all three have been thoroughly debunked and the ridiculous claim that the Bible is accurate when it comes to science doesn't help, there is no science in the Bible.

The second one might be a mathematician but seems to know little of evolution and the evolutionary advantages of sexual reproduction over assexual.  

It pays before making comments that are going to be published, to check beforehand what you are going to say to avoid making a fool of yourself.    However I suppose when you are preaching to the choir, they do tend to swallow anything.

The two videos are just another tired old intelligent design argument.