RIP Priscilla Black

Can't believe the news, what a shocker, 72 relaxing in Spain. 

For once Cilla this isn't a lorra laffs,  

RIP

Message 1 of 32
See Most Recent
31 REPLIES 31

RIP Priscilla Black

So sorry.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 2 of 32
See Most Recent

RIP Priscilla Black

11800224_533714956783086_4364334301549323617_n.jpgR.I.P.

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 3 of 32
See Most Recent

RIP Priscilla Black

One of the best singers in the UK in the sixties, a lot of people didn't like her singing style and said she sounded a bit nasally but her voice was very powerful. This was one of my favourites of hers from 1964.

RIP Cilla

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7-QBw862zk

Message 4 of 32
See Most Recent

RIP Priscilla Black

Smiley SadSad News Indeed R I P Cilla One Of The Best

Petal
Message 5 of 32
See Most Recent

RIP Priscilla Black

Sad to hear that.  RIP Cilla

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 6 of 32
See Most Recent

RIP Priscilla Black

Despite making a bob or two over the decades, she never lost her common touch. A people person, talented, funny, and self deprecating.

I still haven't got over Dusty Springfield, and now this.

smiley sad cry photo: RIP Smiley rip.gifgirl.

Mister EMB

Message 7 of 32
See Most Recent

RIP Priscilla Black

Cilla Black, or Cilla White, (her real name) was a real people person. You always felt as though whatever she said on stage was totally unscripted. My wife says she died from a broken heart having never really got over her husband's death.

R.I.P Cilla

Message 8 of 32
See Most Recent

RIP Priscilla Black

Very sad. I never liked her singing voice, far too nasal for me, but appreciate she was there from the start of the 60's and went on to become the "National Treasure" of that generation. She always came across as a really caring and - hate to use the word - nice person.
Message 9 of 32
See Most Recent

RIP Priscilla Black

@lhasa.two wrote:
Very sad. I never liked her singing voice, far too nasal for me, but appreciate she was there from the start of the 60's and went on to become the "National Treasure" of that generation. She always came across as a really caring and - hate to use the word - nice person.

Man SurprisedWoman Surprised

'hate to use the word - nice'  Oh dear.       Not even RIP?  Oh dear.

RIP  Cilla.   You were very special.  

Message 10 of 32
See Most Recent

RIP Priscilla Black

Anonymous
Not applicable

RIP Cilla.

I thought she was nice too, although I wasn't a fan of her singing.

Not sure what's wrong with the word "nice" as it means giving pleasure or satisfaction; pleasant or attractive and good natured.

At least she didn't have to suffer a long illness, so I think that is a blessing for anyone, no matter how shocking it might be for the family.
Message 11 of 32
See Most Recent

RIP Priscilla Black

@Anonymous wrote:

RIP Cilla.

I thought she was nice too, although I wasn't a fan of her singing.

Not sure what's wrong with the word "nice" as it means giving pleasure or satisfaction; pleasant or attractive and good natured.

At least she didn't have to suffer a long illness, so I think that is a blessing for anyone, no matter how shocking it might be for the family.

'NICE'     'Yes how right you are.  I actually I did know that.   I also see that sixth word from the end ''hate'' 

''hate to use the word - nice person''.    Thank you.

Message 12 of 32
See Most Recent

RIP Priscilla Black

Nothing wrong with the adjective "nice", but I always think it's a bit of an overused lazy word but as it was early in the morning that I posted, my brain wasn't up to anything more descriptive. 🙂
Message 13 of 32
See Most Recent

RIP Priscilla Black

No merehazle, I don't use the abbreviation R I P as I'm not religious, so it's meaningless and hypocritical for me to use it...
Message 14 of 32
See Most Recent

RIP Priscilla Black

I'm not affiliated to any particular religion but I see nothing remotely hypocritical about acknowledging someone who was. Cilla was a Roman Catholic and in the light of that and given that it is her we are discussing RIP seems appropriate in the circumstances. 

Message 15 of 32
See Most Recent

RIP Priscilla Black

That's your view and you're entitled to it, but as I'm the one acknowledging her death, I'll do it my way.
Message 16 of 32
See Most Recent

RIP Priscilla Black

Ta ra chuck!

Message 17 of 32
See Most Recent

RIP Priscilla Black

@fallen-archie wrote:

I'm not affiliated to any particular religion but I see nothing remotely hypocritical about acknowledging someone who was. Cilla was a Roman Catholic and in the light of that and given that it is her we are discussing RIP seems appropriate in the circumstances. 

But I think Ihasa's point was they are not comfortable with it, so it should not be obligatory to use it.  They were not saying others should refrain because they do.

Personally, I don't use it either.  That is my choice.

Cilla was a great entertainer and worked hard for what she achieved.  72 does seem young to go.

Message 18 of 32
See Most Recent

RIP Priscilla Black

Why is this subject being pushed so much by the media.  Is it to divert our attention away from more serious issues?

Message 19 of 32
See Most Recent

RIP Priscilla Black

@malacandran wrote:

Why is this subject being pushed so much by the media.  Is it to divert our attention away from more serious issues?

???? 

No more reported by the media than any other popular celebrity who has died.

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 20 of 32
See Most Recent