Panic stations ..... Panic stations ..... lol

I've got a few panic stations going round inside my head just now and you guys are getting the full brunt of the gist of the issue.

It starts like this.

I just got the following e-mail from the company that organises the National lottery.

Read it and then I'll follow on with some more info.

We've got some news about your ticket from the draw on Wednesday 17 Jun 2015.
Please sign in to your account as soon as you can for more information.
Congratulations and thank you for playing.

National Lottery Customer Care Team
https://www.national-lottery.co.uk

First off, I tried to get rid of the boxes underneath but it just wouldn't go away.

Now, e-mails like that are sent out to say that you have a winning ticket.

This last week, I did 4 lots of tickets for Wednesday because it is a 4 times roll-over with the top whack of £17,000,000.

Normally, I don't really bother until the jackpot is up to £10 mill or so.

But anyway, in the previous six months or so, I've done a few lottery draws and I've been very lucky. No big wins but it's kept me going what with £8.00 here. £12 here and £22.00 now and again. Enough to let me know that the company let's you know when you have a win. Now, the way it does that is like this. Because I play on-line and don't actually have a winning ticket to work with as such. I get the mails from the Lotto company to let me know the results. I have a copy of my tickets held by the company but it's a drag to get hold of them at this late time on a draw night. Much simpler to just wait for 8a.m. But my main concern/worry is this. That e-mail was sent out to me within 12 minutes of the Lotto results draw. All the other times I've had one for a few quid have been a day later  .......... but 12 minutes!!...... That got my head turning round at great speed, Smiley LOL

Anyway, that's enough for now. I'll try and keep you up to speed.

Stevie ... Smiley LOL

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

good luck ,I hope your dream comes true 🙂

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

Smiley HappyWaits

Petal
Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

@blackburn_stevie wrote:

This is what has always puzzled me about the Lottery.  That some people appear to think it's not worth buying a ticket, when the jackpot prize is "only"  £3,000,000.  Or £4,000,000.  Who wants such measly amounts of cash?
Whereas,  if it's like  £10,000,000 -  then, like wow man!!  That's so different!!!  I'll queue up to buy a ticket!!!!
Is there a rational explanation?

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

Yes, but you probably wouldn't understand....
Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

@malacandran wrote:

@blackburn_stevie wrote:

This is what has always puzzled me about the Lottery.  That some people appear to think it's not worth buying a ticket, when the jackpot prize is "only"  £3,000,000.  Or £4,000,000.  Who wants such measly amounts of cash?
Whereas,  if it's like  £10,000,000 -  then, like wow man!!  That's so different!!!  I'll queue up to buy a ticket!!!!
Is there a rational explanation?

And the silly thing is that with far more tickets being sold on a rollover draw the chances of a shared prize are increased.

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

Well, I'm back. I didn't win a hugge amount of money. Just enough to pay the grocery shopping for a few weeks at ASDA etc, etc but more than enough to sneeze at. More than enough but under a grand. Sob, snob .......Man Wink ...... Still ....... Enough to keep me going for a few weeks and enough to keep me checking my e-mails for the next 2 weeks, lol.

Why is it worth it for £10 mill but not worth it for £3M or less? ..... My idea, though I could be wrong is that for a high win, I can do 4 weeks worth of tickets using maybe 3 lots of tickets for the whole sets of numbers that most folk will only buy one set of numbers for and it's all done at once and costs me just one go at the keyboard and it's all done and dusted. I could easily be wrong but that's just how I see it.

Bye all. Catch you later ..... lol

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

As you say, creeky.  It's silly because the odds of winning remain the same.  And if more people buy tickets, they're more likely to get a divided, smaller win.

Must be just the big number that attracts them.  Like TEN million, not three milliion.

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent