O-kay ho-say?

So, Jose has been sacked? Is he really bothered?

It seems he has a pattern of doing well steering a team to early success only to fail badly later on?

Do well, negotiate a nice new contract then fall out with the team to the point of getting the sack with a bumper pay-off. Is it by design? = A nice little earner?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 13
See Most Recent
12 REPLIES 12

O-kay ho-say?

Hi

Indeed this is a pattern for him.   Never his fault and always blames his players.   He is the one that brought the players there in the first place

I just pray.......Man United do not come in for the Wolves Manager Nuno who is loved by all at the club

Message 2 of 13
See Most Recent

O-kay ho-say?

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/mourinho-put-in-charge-of-brexit-20181218180698

I hope he can manage the 3,500 troops better than the United squad

Message 3 of 13
See Most Recent

O-kay ho-say?

I think the prayers will be at. Spurs rather than wolves.
His pay off is almost as good as Mr Junkers recent pay rise perhaps they are related?
Message 4 of 13
See Most Recent

O-kay ho-say?

Incredible manager with an incomparable record.

Club owners are far too corporate these days - unwilling to support managers through difficult periods.

Message 5 of 13
See Most Recent

O-kay ho-say?

The thing is, why can't he keep it up? It's not just once he's been fired.

I have a feeling he does it deliberately like I said in my OP, do well to start with to justify justify a new contract then aggravate everyone to the point where the team starts to fall apart so he gets the sack with a huge pay-off which saves him "working" for it?

Live long and prosper.

Message 6 of 13
See Most Recent

O-kay ho-say?

He has only been sacked once - by Manchester United

It could be considered that he was sacked by Chelsea but he actually left by mutual agreement which saved Chelsea a lot of cash

Message 7 of 13
See Most Recent

O-kay ho-say?

Er, um, seems odd that this is being reported then?:-

"It is the fourth time Mourinho has been sacked in his career - twice by Chelsea, once by Real Madrid and now by the Red Devils."

Live long and prosper.

Message 8 of 13
See Most Recent

O-kay ho-say?

Typical journalism.

If you were in a job and decided you wanted to leave and negotiated a settlement with your employer, 4 weeks notice, outstanding holiday etc. would you consider that a sacking?

It seems that whenever a manager leaves a club with an outstanding period left on their contract it is called “being sacked”.

Brighton sacked their manager, Gus Poyet, for gross misconduct and didn’t pay a settlement fee - that is being sacked.

Message 9 of 13
See Most Recent

O-kay ho-say?

You wouldn't want to lose any exceptional employee, you'd do everything to keep them. So if some dissatisfaction arrises and by whatever means you "persuade" the employee to leave, it's a sacking in disguise?

Live long and prosper.

Message 10 of 13
See Most Recent

O-kay ho-say?

Which brings the discussion back to my earlier comment that football club owners have become far too “corporate” in their thinking.

JM’s record at United is directly comparable to sir Alex’s.

JM - Games 144 - Wins 84 - Draws 32 - Losses 28 - win rate 58.3% - loss rate 19.4%

AF - Games 1,500 - Wins 895 - Draws 338 - Losses 338 - win rate 59.7 - loss rate 22.5%

JM’s record for the 144 games he has managed at United is far superior to AF’s first 144 there.

Football is a game with unpredictable outcomes - unfortunately many owners now treat it as a business and try to apply the same methods to the actual game rather than limiting their management to the marketing, sales, sponsorship deals, HR etc.

Where do they think they will find a manager with a better CV than JM

National Cup Winner - 02/03, 06/07, 09/10, 10/11, 16/17

League Champion - 02/03, 03/04, 04/05, 06/07, 08/09, 09/10, 11/12, 14/15

International Cup Winner - 02/03, 03/04, 09/10, 16/17

Message 11 of 13
See Most Recent

O-kay ho-say?

If I was the new ManU Manager, temporary or otherwise

Podga would, up for sale and out the Door asap

He'd be training with the Youth team, from my first day

Message 12 of 13
See Most Recent

O-kay ho-say?

Yes, that Podga, worse signing they ever made, can't actually remembering him starting a game.

Probably kept out of the squad by Paul Pogba

Message 13 of 13
See Most Recent