NOMOPHOBIA, sounds nasty, do you suffer from it?.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/are-you-one-of-the-three-quarters-of-people-who-suffer-from-nomop...

I actually leave the house sometimes without my phone, but I'm sure my younest daughter and granddaugher would have a bad attack of it if they were separated from their phones.Woman SurprisedWoman LOL

Message 1 of 13
See Most Recent
12 REPLIES 12

NO

Message 2 of 13
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Woman LOL

Message 3 of 13
See Most Recent

Most definitely not! It's a sad state of affairs when kids can't live their lives without a bit of plastic in their hands.

Message 4 of 13
See Most Recent

Mine is switched off most of the time, I just switch it on every couple of days to check for messages or voicemails.

Message 5 of 13
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't use one. I know they can be useful, and maybe I should not be such a dinosaur, but I find them annoying.

Message 6 of 13
See Most Recent

I don't use one either.  I do own one because my son bought it for me, but I don't even know my number.  Ihad to buy a new sim card recently because mine was de-registered as I hadn't used the phone for over a year. I wouldn't know how to begin sending a text ! Woman LOL

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 7 of 13
See Most Recent

My daughter recently got an " upgrade " so I asked her why I never got offered an " upgrade ", she said " dad, to get an upgrade you've got to use the phone, you've hardly ever got yours on ".  I explained that it's called a " mobile ", so when I'm " mobile " I turn it on; when I'm at home I use the house phone..........why hasn't anybody got any common sense any more ?? Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 13
See Most Recent

I also pointed out that when I got it, it was one of the most advanced phones on the market; she said " that was 10 years ago dad " Smiley Indifferent

Message 9 of 13
See Most Recent

I have the same mobile for 15 years, dont use it much.

Message 10 of 13
See Most Recent

To tell the truth, I bet we look pretty COOL !!

Message 11 of 13
See Most Recent

I have got one but it fell down the back of a heavy bookshelf so there it has stayed ever since.

It worries me that when I visit my local I often see groups of younger people come in, sit at a table in silence, all tapping away on their mobiles, communicating.

Some of the people behind the bar barely interact with the customers, as soon as they've served them they're back on their mobile, more interested in what's on the screen than the people in front of them.

A few years ago Saturday afternoon was lively as people caught up with each other and events during the week, gossiped and talked to each other.  That sort of thing seems to be disappearing fast.

Message 12 of 13
See Most Recent

Everything has become so clinical and detached, I'm surprised this generation get close enough to each other to make babies. They won't even see the next war coming, somebody will push the button from an armchair in their lounge via. an APP. on their phone.

Message 13 of 13
See Most Recent