Mo and the Marathon.

Watching the marathon this morning, I saw that Mo Farah was moaning and whinging and getting angry because he picked up the wrong water bottle. Can anyone tell me why 'his' water bottle is any different to any other runners bottle? Surely it's all water? 

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Mo and the Marathon.

No they're not all the same for the elite runners.

It will basically be water but may contain other things (not drug related) that help them with hydration and/or stamina.  They will each have own personal mix.

When Mo accidently picked up the wrong bottle Paula Radcliffe who was commentating at the time explained that the elite runners are told which table at each point their bottle will be on e.g. 1, 2 or 3, from what I understand his was not on the table he had been told it would have been.

Merry Everything & A Happy Always 🙂
Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Mo and the Marathon.

Thank you Angelah....but it does make you wonder what is in this 'water'. Every runner in the race should drink just water, not their own special 'mix', and then everyone will be on a level playing field.These sports stars are always indignant and protesting when they are suspected of drug use, but they don't exactly help their own cause. Judging by the the fuss he made about not being able to find his water, there must have been something very very special in it!😏😏🤔

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Mo and the Marathon.

All of the other 'elite' runners would have been able to have their own 'special mix' in their bottles.

The 'fun' runners can carry their own bottles with their own 'special mix' if they wish and they also get the water stations to pick up cups or bottles of water.

Water is fine for us mere mortals, the elite runners need something a bit special Smiley Very Happy

Merry Everything & A Happy Always 🙂
Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Mo and the Marathon.

If I were there all I would require would be an endless supply of Gin and Tonic thanks😀
Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Mo and the Marathon.

Oh and of course someone to push the bath chair😩
Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent