Minor irritations

What things annoy you a little, or even a lot?

I'll start with .................

I don't get the point of those video film clips that are divided into 3 with only the central part in focus and the two outer thirds are blurred.

What's the point of it?  Is it supposed to make the action clearer?  It definitely doesn't do it for me, it confuses things IMO and makes it harder to watch. unamused

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 1 of 61
See Most Recent
60 REPLIES 60

Minor irritations

They are soooooooooooooooooo annoying!!!!!!!!!!

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 2 of 61
See Most Recent

Minor irritations

grinning  Hopefully just a fad which will fade out when the film camerapersons or editors admit it was a stupid idea from the outset.

Message 3 of 61
See Most Recent

Minor irritations

Since computers came in to general usage there was been an increasing move towards gimmicry. It's spread to everything now. There must be loads of people sitting around wondering what to mess about with next?

Live long and prosper.

Message 4 of 61
See Most Recent

Minor irritations

People who walk behind our reversing car.

Message 5 of 61
See Most Recent

Minor irritations

Well!!!!!!!!

You did ask Woman Happy

Its like this.........you see........Jeh

Lol xxxx

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Next mood swing in 6 minutes
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 6 of 61
See Most Recent

Minor irritations

Contented lot on here who don't get irritated by anything?!

I have to park on a public road, like many around me. A space is often several hundred yards away, but that's ok, i have legs. I get irritated by some people who think they have some divine right to park ouside their gaff. So they nick a couple of council traffic cones which they keep and put out on the road to attempt to block other legitimate road users from parking next to the pavement. They are not disabled, if they were there are plenty of double yellows not far away which they could park on without getting a ticket. They just want a convenient spot when they get back from work or shopping, whatever.

On smaller streets some second home owners (visiting on no more than about a month in total through the year) put up no parking signs.

I'm tempted to do a road sweep one of these nights and put all stolen cones outside the door of the council offices!
Message 7 of 61
See Most Recent

Minor irritations

Dare ya.

Live long and prosper.

Message 8 of 61
See Most Recent

Minor irritations

Why dont you susie,  xxx

Not trying to be offensive here, it may be a very good idea. Xxx. As long as it doesnt put you in any kind of unfortunate position or anything.  It would be something I would do lol xxx

On the other hand, as we all pay our road taxes I think it is something we all wish to be able to do, park by our home.  W e really need everyone to be thoughtfu and caring towards others. Xxx

++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 9 of 61
See Most Recent

Minor irritations

Most people park there Zimmer frames in their houses don’t they?😀
Message 10 of 61
See Most Recent

Minor irritations

Not minor to My Ears

I HATE People who say 'Haitch' instead of 'Aitch' for the letter H

Bad enough when You used to occasionally hear it in real life

But now it seems to be used by 50% of people on TV Programmes, News reports and Adverts

We do use abbreviations a lot nowadays  HTC, HR, NHS etc etc

This is the UK, the home of English - It is WRONG

If it is the norm in Southern Ireland or Australia or wherever, I don't care

It is wrong in this Country

My granddaughter's teacher, had ALL the kids in her Class saying it,

they didn't before She became their teacher

Thankfully quite a few Parents intervened and complained to the school - this has now changed 

RANT OVER

Message 11 of 61
See Most Recent

Minor irritations

Your the first person i have found for years all bear that finds that most irritating i completely agree. There is no h on aitch.xx
++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 12 of 61
See Most Recent

Minor irritations

One of (there are many since I am becoming a crabby old woman!) the things that irritate me is when I see young girls with long hair and it's not kept tidy. I live opposite a secondary school and it seems that the girls are all like sheep, with their hair grown as long as they can and just hanging around their faces like curtains. They keep flicking it back, maybe to draw attention to it , but it immediately falls over their faces. I have four great nieces, who all have long hair, and whenever I see them I am overcome by the urge to wash, brush and tidy their hair. What is the point in having long hair if it's not kept in tip top condition and kept tidy? There is also the problem, which is rife in schools today, of head lice. This must surely be exacerbated by girls having their hair all hanging loose. When I was a schoolgirl, our hair had to be kept short or tied back. My mother solved that problem for me by cutting it off!! I never minded at all, and have had short hair for most of my life. I was very lucky that I was a teenager when Mary Quant made the 'bob' popular. I do feel these days that girls are rather obsessed with their hair and seem to be defined or judged by it. 

Message 13 of 61
See Most Recent

Minor irritations

One of many, astro?  Don't hold back, spit 'em out!!

I'm feeling somewhat irritated with this place.  Have things changed? In the 'old days' if a post was removed there was at least an email to tell you why.

Now - nothing. unamused  Can't they be bothered to extend the courtesy?  Not helpful when you are sure there was nothing offensive or against the rules.

Message 14 of 61
See Most Recent

Minor irritations

Afternoon Susie...I agree, this place has changed. Have you had posts removed? I note that there were a fair few removed from Busty's thread. I have had posts removed in the past, mainly when dealing with a certain poster, and they did normally notify you and explain why it was removed. Do they not give a reason for removal now?  EBay has changed a lot over the years, and not always for the good. Another thing that irritates me these days is the new EBay App. I use an IPad and the new App is horrendous. I don't use the App any more...I use the ordinary EBay programme. Why they feel they have to change things I don't know. My philosophy is 'If it ain't broke, don't mend it'!

If I started listing all the things that irritates me these days, I would never get off here!

Message 15 of 61
See Most Recent

Minor irritations

Yes that's the one astro.  Nope, I have had zero communication from the mods. Bad form IMO.

Anyway, carry on, get them off your chest!

I must have more gripes but my mind has gone blank!

I wasn't much better than your description of hair styles when I was a teenager with long hair to hide behind, largely in rebellion to my mother who used to drag me to the hairdressers when I was little and make them do a really hideous pudding basin like cut and I had to suffer stupid bows as well.  Oh the shame laughing

Message 16 of 61
See Most Recent

Minor irritations

I wish I had hair Smiley Sad

++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 17 of 61
See Most Recent

Minor irritations

You should have had an ebay message, have a look there?

Live long and prosper.

Message 18 of 61
See Most Recent

Minor irritations

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep hate that too. My children learned that at school as well. Not from us.

What about double negatives. Smiley Frustrated

I have corrected my children so much over time that I now have to stop myself correcting other people in public as it has become my automatic response.

I'm Dutch for God sake. Smiley Mad

Message 19 of 61
See Most Recent

Minor irritations

@Anonymouswrote:

Yep hate that too. My children learned that at school as well. Not from us.

What about double negatives. Smiley Frustrated

I have corrected my children so much over time that I now have to stop myself correcting other people in public as it has become my automatic response.

I'm Dutch for God sake. Smiley Mad

That picky attitude won't get you nowhere laughing

Message 20 of 61
See Most Recent