Listing seeks info on stolen property.

Hi folks, 

today I noticed a listing for a stolen tracked access platform - as in the owner had put it up. Obviously they are doing what they can to recover their property, police having drawn a blank or not investigating I suppose.

Anyone know if this has worked in the past on ebay? I'm in a similar situation with a piece of gardening equipment.

TIA

Bosherston

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Listing seeks info on stolen property.

These listings are not actually allowed as they are not selling anything and sadly they are very unlikely to result in a positive outcome.  All you can do is to keep a regular search going on eBay and other sites such as Gumtree and Loot to see if the stuff is ever listed for sale there

It's probably better to get this kind of theft in the local news, using social media etc although I'd still not be confident in any kind of positive outcome.

If you think that people are willing to steal from sick chidren and hospitals without anyone coming forward to say they know who did it, I'd really fear there's not a lot of hope for something of this calibre where money can be made so many times over.

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent