See Most Recent

It's a girl.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32562117

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 3 of 19
See Most Recent

It's a girl.

Ex pat 'Geordie' here...just heard the wonderful news on the television...

Mother and daughter doing well...

The news announcer says they will be choosing a traditional name ...?

I've always liked the name Victoria....Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 19
See Most Recent

It's a girl.

You don't think they'll pick "Chardonay" or "Chantelle"?  laughing

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 5 of 19
See Most Recent

It's a girl.

It's a bore.  No doubt any real news items will be relegated to the bottom of the pile whilst soap opera level cobblers continues...

Message 6 of 19
See Most Recent

It's a girl.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh how nice. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 19
See Most Recent

It's a girl.

oh ravendays you should be excited !

After all it is not like any other women ever have baby girls.

Like you I am totally UNDERwhelmed.

Message 8 of 19
See Most Recent

It's a girl.

Who,s the father?

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 9 of 19
See Most Recent

It's a girl.

Couldn't agree more, it's not a day old yet and I'm already sick to death of hearing about it. Just heard a BBC reporter waffling on about how demanding life can be for a young family with two small children, what a joke. Smiley Surprised

It's just another name to add to an endless list of parasites that live their lives at the taxpayers' expense. Another one that will never do a day's work in its life, will never have to worry about where the next meal is coming from or whether they'll be able to pay their electric bill, another one that will never have to wait at a bus stop on a rainy Monday morning on the way to the daily grind. It will have the same pampered life as the rest of them and we will have to watch its progress every step of the way. Smiley Frustrated

On the bright side I suppose we should be thankful that it will nudge the election waffle off the front pages for a few days. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 19
See Most Recent

It's a girl.

NEW PRIVATE EYE.jpg

Message 11 of 19
See Most Recent

It's a girl.

It's lovely, you miserable lot!

Message 12 of 19
See Most Recent

It's a girl.

Since the rules were changed, she will now take her rightful place in the line of succession, and not be usurped by males below her.

Photobucket
Message 13 of 19
See Most Recent

It's a girl.

Incidentally, the civil list costs each adult person in the country less than 10p a year.

Hardly breaks the bank.

Expenses fiddling MPs cost more.

Photobucket
Message 14 of 19
See Most Recent

It's a girl.

I have no objection to keeping the Queen, I just don't see why we have to maintain her huge extended family too. 

According to the Telegraph this morning the new princess will be worth £10bn by the time she's 10 years old, so she hardly needs assistance from the British taxpayer does she?

Message 15 of 19
See Most Recent

It's a girl.

@mustard-tree wrote:

Since the rules were changed, she will now take her rightful place in the line of succession, and not be usurped by males below her.

But is still referred to as the 'spare'.

First we had the heir and now we have the spare. Smiley Happy

It's a girl.

Actually, I have just discovered that the civil list was abolished in 2012, so the taxpayer no longer maintains the extended family.

Only the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh get anything, but a lot of that goes back, due to income tax the Queen pays on income from personal investments.

The Prince of Wales and his family get their income from the Duchy of Cornwall, which is run as a commercial business.

The rest of the family earn their own keep.

The taxpayer pays more in MPs ligitimate expenses than for the Monarchy.

Photobucket
Message 17 of 19
See Most Recent

It's a girl.

The girl is called CD or CED

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 18 of 19
See Most Recent

It's a girl.

The Duchy of Cornwall covers over 50,000 hectares spread over 23 counties and is worth more than £700m, it is a huge business which generated £18m profit in the last financial year. All this wealth was more or less gifted to the Prince on his mother's accession to the throne in 1952, the property has been propping up past Princes of Wales and their families since the mid 14thC.  

Message 19 of 19
See Most Recent