It othat nobody else has reported this.

Here's the link...... 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-echochambers-26393546

No here's the story.

Basically some guy in America won $80,000 in a law suit against a school. The reason is immaterial. The next thing that you know, the son is boasting on his Facebook page about who is paying for his vacation to Europe. Next thing you know, the school starts a counter-claim against the father because he signed a confidentiality clause. The courts found in favour of the school so now the father gets nothing.

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Re: It othat nobody else has reported this.

There was some talk about this in March on here.

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Re: It othat nobody else has reported this.

I don't suppose for a moment the man thought his daughter would announce the settlement on Facebook and she was only joking about getting a European holiday out of the proceeds. Seems very harsh of the school to counter sue the man which has probably caused them even more 'negative'  publicity.

I had to sign a confidentiality agreement relating to a settlement from a company last year. I was told by my solicitor that if I breached the confidentiality agreement the company would be entitled to reclaim the money...  Sometimes when you sue and win it isn't because the company has openly admitted liability, particularly when it hasn't gone to court, as in my case, and I suspect in this case too. It's done so that the company who settled can maintain their reputation and not draw others to sue them in similar circumstances.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent