Is there anyone who can give me general info on mirror wills and appointed executors please!

I have a specific question to ask and I would appreciated any info asap.

Many thanks.

such anger,prejudice and hypocrisy on a simple forum supposed to be free for all. I wish you all you all wish for xx good bye

Accepted Solutions

Is there anyone who can give me general info on mirror wills and appointed executors please!

FD - if you have any concerns over the management of the estate then I would suggest you really do need to speak to a solicitor.  Much I would think depends on the terms of the trust and the trustees appointed.  In general once probate has been granted the executors involvement ends.

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

A 'mirror Will' is the term used to describe Wills made by spouses or partners in which the terms of the Wills are effectively the same i.e. they mirror one another.  For example, a married couple who wish to leave everything to the survivor and then on the death of the survivor to their children are said to make 'mirror Wills'. 

On The TV A Few Days Go

An Older Man With A Son Married An Older Woman With A Son

They Made A mirror Will

A Few Years Later Man Died

The Woman And Son And The Mans Son Lived On

A Few Years Pass And The Woman Made A New Will Leaving Everything To Her Son

The Mans Son Got Nuthing When She Died

Petal
Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

Hello Both,

Thank you for the replies.

I read the link and the part on mirrow wills, I also read the part on power of attorney too, sadly my question hasn't been anwered sooo, if I may ask it here perhaps someone may be able to give me what I need to know.

Needed info to ask the question Is. 

Parents make a mirror will, also each have LPA registered.

The Mirrow will names 2 executors in them,  one of the executors is also 1 (of the 3)  Attorneys in each individuals  LPA

Father has died and probate granted so all goes to the Mother, but there is a discresionary  Trust to be set ut on the death Of the mother.

My question is, Does the executor that is not part of the LPA have any authority over the estate after granted probate during the lifetime of the surviving spouse, or is the LPA attorney's in sole control?

I have done my best  explain correctly. I would appreciate anyones help.  I have googled but not come up with the exact information I need.

Thank you.

such anger,prejudice and hypocrisy on a simple forum supposed to be free for all. I wish you all you all wish for xx good bye

Smiley HappySorry Can't Help How About C A B Or A Legal Person

Petal
Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

FD - if you have any concerns over the management of the estate then I would suggest you really do need to speak to a solicitor.  Much I would think depends on the terms of the trust and the trustees appointed.  In general once probate has been granted the executors involvement ends.

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

@upthecreekyetagain wrote:

Thanks creeky, no real concerns, I just needed what you have  just clarified. Many thanks.

"  In general once probate has been granted the executors involvement ends."

Incorrect - After probate the executer has to ensure the instructions in the will are complied with or carried out and they are bound by law to do this.

Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

Agreed. The executor's work is just half way through with probate.
Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

@plpmr wrote:

"  In general once probate has been granted the executors involvement ends."

Incorrect - After probate the executer has to ensure the instructions in the will are complied with or carried out and they are bound by law to do this.

You are of course correct and I should have said 'probate has been completed'.  Smiley Embarassed

Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent