Is Sniffing now socially acceptable.

I don't know if it's just me but the demise of the Handkerchief seems to have encouraged an epidemic of sniffing. Sit in any public place with others around and you will hear sniffing. Not to smell as if imitating a search dog but to prevent a nasal escape. With some it goes on and on and on. Some blame allergies others a cold infection but please is it really necessary?

I know that linen handkerchiefs collect germs but disposable ones are cheap as chips. So is it now socially acceptable to sniff rather than Blow?

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Cuff it.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Obviously Archie doesn't suffer from Hay Fever! The pollen has been horrendous this year, and this could be the reason that he has noticed more people sniffing. If this is the reason then a little sympathy is in order, IMO.

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

I do understand the plight of those increasing numbers of Hay Fever Sufferers, Don't remember it being as prevalent as it is these days. My only question is this, Why if you have a nasal drip or snotty nose is it better to sniff rather than clear the offending matter? Surely that is more polite and productive.

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Because Hay Fever doesn't always give you a drippy or snotty nose! Some sufferers just get inflamed nasal membranes, which make it feel like you are breathing through cotton wool.....not very nice. So blowing the nose is ineffective as there is nothing to clear. 

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe it's the cocaine......................

https://youtu.be/TgKLaBwX_AI
Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

😄😄😄

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent