If ever you are in Gloucestershire,this is worth catching and watching

Hiya folks,this was a video I made yesterday morning of the Severn Bore at Elmore in Gloucestershire.This was only a small 2 star bore.The video was made using my Parrot bebop 2 quadcopter

goo.gl/uTXcRk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg48ZetGmC8

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

hi.gifVery Nice Cap't Luckeyboy, I'v Seen A Few Over The Years And Your Good With The Quadcopter

Only Thing I Don't Agree With Is The Surfer's, One Day It Could Be Nasty

But Well Done Very Good

Petal
Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

haha.thanks,yeah,when there is a big 4 or 5 star bore,the sufers are nearly riding over each other,can be chaotic.Sometimes though,they can ride it for 5-6 miles,think the world record for distance rode on a surfboard on a single wave is on the Severn Bore.Technology is a wonderful thing,im not the greatest of quad/drone pilots.This drone isnt nowehere near as expensive as alot of top end DJI drones.this one cost me £449.A workmate bought a different one called a DJI Mavic for £1200 + lol,so i reckon this little baby the Bebop 2 is great for the money.And like many drones these days,if you are careful,they are the perfect tool for capturing things like this

Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

Thank you for a great little video,  I wasn't sure what I was supposed to be looking at, I couldn't see a pig?

Then I realised what it was. Ha ha silly me xxx

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Next mood swing in 6 minutes
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

Haha,thats ok.yeah,the Bore is a type of tidal wave,only a few places on earth get a river bore.The name Bore comes form Old English and means wave or swell.This one was a tiddler,a 5 star bore can be 7ft plus,and the highest ever recorded was just over 9 ft,ok that may not sound big compared to a ocean wave,but you got to remember this happens where the river is just over 50 metres wide,and unlike a coastal wave,it carries on going for miles,the same wave carried on travelling up river for about 15 miles in total.

Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I learned something new today. Thank you. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

Thats Ok,haha,ive told me gf " you do realise Im a geek ".Anyway,its a bit of holiday and youtube of course.Im hoping eventually to make abit of money from making the videos.you get money for placement ads on your vids ( like ebay get revunue with ads shown on their website).of course,you get more money with a video that has more views.With the way ebay selling is go on here,any other extra income streams,be it even small is even useful.

Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

Someone had mentioned about surfing in the area, which surprised me at the time

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

Matt Baker had a try at it on Countryfile a while back.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p009sc39

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

Thanks for the link,thats a decent size bore,at least a 4 star.That must have been filmed last year,as there hasnt been any bores that big all year,as 2017 is a poor year.Im hoping to watch another one in a few weeks,on the morning of the 5th november,a decent 3 star bore

Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

I think Matt should stick to the day job grinning

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent