How can I contact Ebay by e-mail ? as their customer support system is next to useless

Message 1 of 13
See Most Recent
12 REPLIES 12

How can I contact Ebay by e-mail ? as their customer support system is next to useless

try live chat

Message 2 of 13
See Most Recent

Complain to your Trading Standards Office that they don't display an email address as required by the Electronic Commerce Regulations 2002.

Regulation 6 - "A person providing an information society service shall make available to the recipient of the service and any relevant enforcement authority, in a form and manner which is easily, directly and permanently accessible, the following information— "

Section (c) - "the details of the service provider, including his electronic mail address, which make it possible to contact him rapidly and communicate with him in a direct and effective manner"

The more people that complain the more likely it is that eBay will get round to conforming with UK law!

Message 3 of 13
See Most Recent

No eBay email exists. Not even Anneka Rice could find one.

Phone contact. Tried this once. Waited 15 minutes for an operator, who then cut me off half way through the second sentence.

Chat. Moved over to this option. Not long for a response, maybe five minutes. The conversation went thus:

Operator. "Good Evening, my name is -------". "How may I help you" ?

I then set out my problem, clearly and concisely.

Operator. "Thank you, please stay online".

After three or four minutes, this:

Operator. "Chat ended". "Goodnight".

Absolutely disgusting, and totally unacceptable. It appears these holographic images are simply a law unto themselves.

Mister EMB

Message 4 of 13
See Most Recent

I agree with upthecreek that it should be easier to find but email is there if you know where to look and honestly electric I have had nothing but positives from live chat...some are a bit miss the question but most get there in the end.

It has gone off on me once or twice but I think tech error not ignorance.

Message 5 of 13
See Most Recent

@joamur_gosof wrote:

I agree with upthecreek that it should be easier to find but email is there if you know where to look and honestly electric I have had nothing but positives from live chat...some are a bit miss the question but most get there in the end.

It has gone off on me once or twice but I think tech error not ignorance.

So what is the email address for customer services? _ I'm damned if I can find it!

Message 6 of 13
See Most Recent

It all depends on what question you ask in the help ,related ...granted thats not very useful and to copy and paste the ht addy is about 12 foot long when you get the email us add on to call or chat.

They must have one though for it to be an option...

Message 7 of 13
See Most Recent

To: eBay Customer Service

Subject: Bidding and how it works

thats one question that gets you that link

Message 8 of 13
See Most Recent

@joamur_gosof wrote:

To: eBay Customer Service

Subject: Bidding and how it works

thats one question that gets you that link

I can't get an email address - all I get are options to telephone or use live chat.

What's the URL for the page with the email address?

Message 9 of 13
See Most Recent

Ebay do have this form http://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/ch/em3?usersessionid=35342770534&segmentId=1&ebayCCR=9034&topicId=1477...

But that is NOT an email address - it is a simple HTML form - not the same thing.

Message 10 of 13
See Most Recent

ok you could be right that its just a hlml form not actual email address...but for customer service point of view that is an email q and a .

As for an actual email addy ..I don't know the law so you a perhaps right...why do they have to have one in law ? 

Message 11 of 13
See Most Recent

@joamur_gosof wrote:

ok you could be right that its just a hlml form not actual email address...but for customer service point of view that is an email q and a .

As for an actual email addy ..I don't know the law so you a perhaps right...why do they have to have one in law

As the regulations state, so that customers can "contact him rapidly and communicate with him in a direct and effective manner"

Emails allow so much more than just a text communication, you can attach documents, photographs and request a receipt. 

Ebay are located in Luxembourg and are therefore obliged to comply with the eCommerce regulations.

Message 12 of 13
See Most Recent

obliged or have to ? and thanks for explaining....I thought once they had a conact at the bottom but seems your right and not easy to find if one at all

Message 13 of 13
See Most Recent