Hermes!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm getting a bit sick of these couriers.

Today they left for the third time a parcel in my recycle bin and posted a "sorry I missed you note" through my letter box.

I was in and so was my daughter. It is very rare for me not to be at home.

She was downstairs in the kitchen and I was in the bathroom when I heard the letterbox open and close. So no rattling, no knock on the door.

I heard someone on the phone in front of my door and heard my gate bang lightly. Thought nothing of it as my gate doesn't close very well and the wind often makes it bang a bit anyway. Many people pass my house as I'm on a schoolrun street, so hearing people on phones are also a normal thing for me.

When I checked my letterbox later I found the note.

I was fuming!

They just can't be asked to knock or rattle the letterbox, nor go to one of the neighbours to ask if they could keep it for me.

If I lived in a posh neighbourhood, maybe it would be safe enough to put it in my recycle bin, but I live in Manchester and not in one of the best areas(one of the worst actually)

It only takes one tea leaf to spot a courier putting something in a bin and it will be gone in a matter of seconds.

And if you think that wouldn't happen.....someone once put their bike (not locked) against my glass front door and we sat at  the dining table and could be seen from the front door so we thought it to be safe enough.

Suddenly my daughter shouted, he's nicking the bike!!!!..........before we could get to the door he was off on it...it only took him seconds. The guy it belonged to ran after him, but could not keep up with the bike in the end.

So lots of chancers around where I live.

Hermes might be cheaper, but I'm not very impressed with their service.

Message 1 of 20
See Most Recent
19 REPLIES 19

Hermes!!!!

http://www.itv.com/news/london/update/2015-09-05/courier-lobbing-parcel-over-gate-caught-on-cctv/ ..Was this your house..
......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 2 of 20
See Most Recent

Hermes!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, that is even worse.

I remember when it was just the post office delivering. I collect glass and in all the years only 2 things got broken and that was due to the sellers bad packing. I received many parcels and mainly glass items. Never a problem.

Nowadays I'm afraid to buy any glass as several items got broken by stupid couriers who don't care if you put a hundred labels on it saying it's fragile. One just stood in front of my door juggling a parcel from one hand to the other, while waiting for me to open the door! And yes you guessed it....it was broke!

Some damages were due to sellers trying to keep the posting cost down by packing stuff badly or just lack of common sense, but what is the point of that when you have to give refunds because your courier doesn't give a monkeys about the parcels they deliver.

Someone once send me a big heavy vase rolled in the minimum of bubblewrap and in a carrier bag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What idiot would do such a thing! And of course it was in thousand pieces. This was probably done out of spite as they didn't sell it for much, and ebay would not help as the amount was not worth their hassle.

Message 3 of 20
See Most Recent

Hermes!!!!

It's a cut throat industry where staff are treated pretty badly. The pay is poor, demands are high so don't expect too much. Sometime when they call here they have to wait so that the parcel is given to you on time (DPS) but hermes use a local farmer who is well known and she goes out of her way to deliver when you are in.

Message 4 of 20
See Most Recent

Hermes!!!!

Ever thought about getting a doorbell? ???

Message 5 of 20
See Most Recent

Hermes!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Creeky, I have one and it's right in front of everyone's nose, but even that is too much to ask.

I used to have it on the side of my door, but no one used it. They all used to rattle my letterbox instead. So now it's 30 cm above my doorhandle. You can't miss it...............well that is what I thought.

The postman still knocks or rattles the letterbox. Obviously Hermes couriers don't do any of it..

And beforeyou tell me to get a door knocker.....I have a glass front door and nowhere to put one

otherbadideas photo otherbadideas.gif
Message 6 of 20
See Most Recent

Hermes!!!!

I like the way they do that ''put in bin'' ,it saves me rescheduling ,and post office have smashed just about everything they have delivered these days,couriers not so much...distinct change that from a year ago.

I put Knock hard ,deaf ,on door and everyone sounds like a police raid now 🙂 never dont hear it but not always answer lol

Message 7 of 20
See Most Recent

Hermes!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

You must be living in a lovely, peaceful, crime free area.................

My new leather coat, as that was what was in the parcel, would have been "out of the bin" in no time. The tea leaves would have been well happy with that little find.

Don't you think the thiefs have got this one sussed by now? They see a courier stopping, all they have to do is follow and wait if a parcel goes in the bin. The owner of the house is not at home (according to Hermes!), so who is going to stop them taking it out....

Message 8 of 20
See Most Recent

Hermes!!!!

point taken ...I will punch my hermes driver in the mush when I catch him 😄

Message 9 of 20
See Most Recent

Hermes!!!!

Does anyone else have trouble with this courier, I have had 2 recent orders sent to me by myHermes and each time they never arrive, the first was supposed to have been left in an outhouse which we don't have and the second was supposed to have been signed for at my address but that's not possible as no one was at home at that date and time and non of the neighbours as even seen their van , each time no delivery card is left and when you contact them all they say is that it was delivered and that that, some one must be getting a big collect of my items.

what can you do, all I say is don't use these people go for Royal Mail , never had any problems with my local post office.

Message 10 of 20
See Most Recent

Hermes!!!!

Strange how some areas seem to get bad service from Hermes, I've been getting deliveries via them for several years and never had a problem. We always put on our orders to leave things in the coal bunker at the side of the house if nobody's in, that doesn't happen very often but when it does they always comply and put a note through the letterbox to let us know.

It can only be the actions of individual couriers that are causing the problems but the company definitely need to sort it out.

Message 11 of 20
See Most Recent

Hermes!!!!

My Daughter ordered a new pair of expensive work boots a few months back, Hermes delivered them. There was nobody in, so the driver left a note saying "In the back Garden" and threw them over the 7 ft high fence into the back Garden........they landed in the Water Butt................if you pay Peanuts, you get Monkeys. Sometimes you just get Monkeys, whatever you pay them.

Message 12 of 20
See Most Recent

Hermes!!!!

At lest you got a delivery even if they were ruined, I never even get the parcel or a note saying they had called this has happened twice in the past month, I dont think they know where we live , I personally would never use these people again

Message 13 of 20
See Most Recent

Hermes!!!!

@upthecreekyetagain wrote:

Ever thought about dispensing with the sarcasm ?

And I suppose the line up of question marks are inserted for emphasis ?

Message 14 of 20
See Most Recent

Hermes!!!!

Like jd, I have nothing but praise for the 2 regular Hermes people who deliver here

But Yodel - don't ask

Your parcel is somewhere safe

ON THE ROOF

Yodel driver tried to throw it through open window

2EAC06F900000578-3328577-image-a-1_1448131749940.jpg

Message 15 of 20
See Most Recent

Hermes!!!!

Smiley Surprised That's mad, Al!

Hermes are an absolute nightmare here. They employ a local man with his own car who doesn’t give a damn if parcels are delivered safely, he just wants to get shot of them, and he doesn’t ring the doorbell for an answer before driving off. My doorstep is right on the pavement and he leaves them there and has been doing this for 3 years. He also wrecked an art work by bending it and forcing it through my letter box with a wide sideways sawing motion. In doing that he hit a tall plank that someone was going to collect (and which was against the wall and not in line with the letter box) into an inner glass door.

I have had parcels stolen when I have been out or away, and have lost money as a consequence. When I complained to Hermes before, they did not respond. They apparently don’t care that they are employing someone who is so careless and irresponsible and they appear to only listen or respond to their customers (who use their services to deliver) and not to those who don’t get their parcels.

This man lies about what he has done with the parcels. He left a large one on the pavement that was stolen while I was away for a week. When I contacted the company who sent it they told me the courier said he had left it in my porch – I don’t have a porch. Last week he lied on the tracking form to an ebay seller, saying he had posted it through the letter box, but it was a box too big for any letter box.

I am at my wits end with this guy who is not fit to be a courier. I have asked him not to leave parcels on the pavement but he was very rude and aggressive and denied that he does it. I have seen him do it, so has my neighbour, and so has a friend. If I notice that someone on ebay uses Hermes I often don’t buy from them if it’s a large parcel because of this careless and dishonest courier. He should be sacked, but it seems that Hermes don’t care.

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 16 of 20
See Most Recent

Hermes!!!!

Hermes go to great lengths to make sure parcels are left inside 

_71789093_crash.jpg

Message 17 of 20
See Most Recent

Hermes!!!!

Smiley LOL

At least they sometimes leave a card, and even an apology:

HermesStuckonRoof.jpg

Thank goodness they don't deliver pizzas

imagesT840JJGF.jpg

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 18 of 20
See Most Recent

Hermes!!!!

@artful_dodgings wrote:

@upthecreekyetagain wrote:

Ever thought about dispensing with the sarcasm ?

And I suppose the line up of question marks are inserted for emphasis ?

Get you

Smiley LOL

Message 19 of 20
See Most Recent

Hermes!!!!

Interesting story about another courier company:

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2015/nov/28/parcel2go-insurance-terms-no-compensation

From one of the comments under the article:

"Once I read eBay I knew this story wasn't going to have a happy ending....................

We are many,They are few
Message 20 of 20
See Most Recent