Help!

Please can anyone help? I have a small TV which plays DVD's. I put a DVD in it and watched it, and now I want to get the DVD out. There is no Eject button on the TV, or on the remote control. I thought maybe if I let it run again, then it might automatically eject, but no luck. It is getting on my nerves now, and like Harry with her computer, I am about to throw it out of the window.
Message 1 of 46
See Most Recent
45 REPLIES 45

Help!

If there is no reject button do you have a remote control? If so you should have a means on there to eject it. You might also try double clicking the pause button
Message 2 of 46
See Most Recent

Help!

Hi, with some of them you just need to push the DVD drawer in slightly and it will open.  Worth a try!

Message 3 of 46
See Most Recent

Help!

Smiley HappyHello Astro ,turn tv of and wait a min then on again

Petal
Message 4 of 46
See Most Recent

Help!

I'm curious as to how you loaded the DVD if there is no eject button. Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 46
See Most Recent

Help!

Hi Astro, what make is the TV? 

If you know the make and the model you should be able to google 'eject DVD' for that TV, or there might be an online manual for it.

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 6 of 46
See Most Recent

Help!

Tried that suggestion...no luck there!
Message 7 of 46
See Most Recent

Help!

There is no drawer.....it's just a slot to slide the DVD into.
Message 8 of 46
See Most Recent

Help!

Just tried that too......no luck!
Message 9 of 46
See Most Recent

Help!

Same answer as above......just a slot, and no eject button.
Message 10 of 46
See Most Recent

Help!

Just going to try this now!
Message 11 of 46
See Most Recent

Help!

Is it one of these new fangled flat screen jobs with the dvd slot on one side at the back?

In which case put your glasses on and grab a magnifying glass and torch. Turn the TV so you are looking directly  at the slot. Turn on the torch and apply the magnifying glass. Just under the slot (if its like mine - cheap supermarket brand) there will be 2 indentations that to the naked eye look like screw holes or part of the plastic  moulding. One of them is the eject button. If you have a really good torch and magnifying glass you will just be able to see the little sign.

The only reason mine didn't go out the window in the wee small hours of the morning was because it was a present from OH. Even though I now know where the button is, I still find I have to turn the wretched thing round and use the torch  and my glasses or I cant find it, it seems to be designed for a stylus not something as big as a finger tip. Its daft it has a great picture and the sound is actually not bad, but it has these  maddening design faults like when you switch it on, the light alternates colours for what seems like minutes until it finally settles on whether its on or off.

Message 13 of 46
See Most Recent

Help!

As Suzie says,do you have the Make and model Number.?

There must be an Eject button somewhere without  having

to Prod around with A Stylus or Similar.

Spoiler

Message 14 of 46
See Most Recent

Help!

Just had a quick thoughtMan Frustratedpresumably there is a STOP

Button on the Remote?Try holding it down?

Message 15 of 46
See Most Recent

Help!

Read the instructions?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 16 of 46
See Most Recent

Help!

Cee Dee......if I had the blerdy instructions I would read them! Can't find the instructions....the TV is a few years old. You've all been very helpful,but as yet the DVD is still stuck in there. I am going to try holding down the stop button and see if that helps. Technology! Grrrrr!
Message 17 of 46
See Most Recent

Help!

Perhaps if you Post the Make and Model Number,somebody

may find the User Manual.

Message 18 of 46
See Most Recent

Help!

@astrologica wrote:
Cee Dee......if I had the blerdy instructions I would read them! Can't find the instructions....the TV is a few years old. You've all been very helpful,but as yet the DVD is still stuck in there. I am going to try holding down the stop button and see if that helps. Technology! Grrrrr!
Even the Make might help, Astro, if you don't know the model.  I would be happy to have a look around when I get back from the Vet.
There seem to be a few TV combos that don't have an obvious eject button. 
For example - a Hitachi - has a button below where you insert the DVD which you have to press once to stop and again to eject and wait a few seconds. So you might have to press play (if there is a play button) and then press the stop button twice with a couple of seconds gap between.  Or some you might have to hold down for longer.
I read one yesterday but can't find it now, where you have to press one button on the unit and another button on the remote at the same time.  I think one button was pause and the other on/off but I can't remember which was which.
RCD TV/DVD combos - there is a wesite with lots of manuals to download, and also a box for customer support where you can ask a question.

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 19 of 46
See Most Recent

Help!

It's a Luxor,model No 16855, manufactured for Asda stores. I have a feeling that something is broken in it.
Message 20 of 46
See Most Recent