Have you a pet.

WARNING FOR ALL PET OWNERS With the snow and ice expected the roads are likely to be gritted. If your pet walks on gritted roads or paths then please make sure their paws are washed by dipping their feet in fresh warm water once at home. Every year hundreds of pets throughout the country become seriously ill and in some cases die because of the rock salt and antifreeze being used during the cold snap. Dogs and cats walk through the substances left by gritters trying to clear roads and car drivers defrosting their windscreens which they then lick off their paws and ingest. Consuming rock salt can cause dehydration, liver failure and pancreatitis while antifreeze contains the chemical ethylene glycol which can cause kidney failure and death when consumed. Please be vigilant and treat your pets to a foot bath after being outside.
......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

Have you a pet.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Willett-House-Veterinary-Surgeons/293841087376050 ..... Hallam Veterinary Centre - Veterinarian | Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hallam-Veterinary.../42049690467899... WARNING FOR ALL PET OWNERS With the snow and ice expected the roads are likely to be gritted. If your pet walks on gritted roads
......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

Have you a pet.

Thank you Tommy.

Very thoughtful of you.  I cant remember a warning given out on that ever by the RSPCA or anybody.

Well done.

Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

Have you a pet.

Thank you Tommy.
Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

Have you a pet.

PhotobucketWell I Never Knew That,Thanks

Petal
Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

Have you a pet.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.jpg

Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

Have you a pet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that info. Smiley Happy

I'll pass it on to others.

Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

Have you a pet.

That's awful, and this comment underneath shows how horrible some people are.

Was the owner WITH the dog? Did he actually WATCH HIM drink from that bowl of "slimy water"?? I cannot FATHOM how he could have ALLOWED Ollie to drink one more sip once he saw him drinking out of a bowl that wasn't one HE provided for him. I, OF COURSE, feel so sad about this situation, yet I feel that the owner was EXTREMELY unwise.

Labradors will eat anything they can get.

Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent