Iceland????

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 4 of 22
See Most Recent

Greedy or practical?.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, the Xmas spirit isn't really there is it, but it can be a dear do and if half of the people don't turn up it seems a lot of wasted money. I can see her point, but would never do it myself.

If you can't afford to do a meal for everyone, then you shouldn't invite them in the first place in my opinion.

I cancelled Xmas dinner and presents last year because I had used the money for my garden instead and I told everyone so they didn't expect anything. My kids had no problem with that. (my kids are adults by the way).

You can't always do it all. Sometimes you have to prioritise.

Message 5 of 22
See Most Recent

Greedy or practical?.

It is just another erosion of what Christmas is about, goodwill to all men et al I think it is a sign of the times wouldn’t mind betting that the woman concerned thinks she is doing the cool thing and that she is within her rights to do so which of course she is! She is also getting her 5 mins of fame for telling All and lining her pockets. I hope she enjoys her sunshine holiday in cancun as a result. All I can say is I hope she isn’t starting a trend although I fear she is!
Message 6 of 22
See Most Recent

Greedy or practical?.

Wow!

She is a mother of 4 with another on the way, you would think she had enough to do on Christmas Day without inviting the whole family round for dinner.  And to charge £30 a head Smiley Surprised

Merry Everything & A Happy Always 🙂
Message 7 of 22
See Most Recent

Greedy or practical?.

@angelah1847 wrote:

Wow!

She is a mother of 4 with another on the way, you would think she had enough to do on Christmas Day without inviting the whole family round for dinner.  And to charge £30 a head Smiley Surprised

It could of course be a way she's devised to get the family not to visit this year. Woman Wink

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Next mood swing in 6 minutes
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 8 of 22
See Most Recent

Greedy or practical?.

I wouldn't go if she invited me, her obesity would put me off eating.

Smiley Indifferent

Message 9 of 22
See Most Recent

Greedy or practical?.

A Christmas dinner doesn't cost that much to provide. If doing a Christmas meal leaves her financially compromised, then why is she having another child? If she knows the cost of a Christmas dinner, then surely she must realise how much it costs to raise a child to 16/18. I don't know if she is greedy or practical, but she seems very irresponsible.

Message 10 of 22
See Most Recent

Greedy or practical?.

I don't think there's anything wrong with asking for a small contribution, though I wouldn't dream of asking my family, but £30 each seems very excessive to me.

I just wonder why she does it if she feels that way about it.

Message 11 of 22
See Most Recent

Greedy or practical?.

Greedy.  If she can't afford to feed everyone she shouldn't invite them in the first place. , I love to have a full table for christmas dinner and chrging for it isn't in my wildest dreams.  If someone invited me and wanted to charge £30 I would rather stay home.  It doesn't cost £30 a head anyway, so she's clearly making a profit.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 12 of 22
See Most Recent

Greedy or practical?.

GREEDY !!!!!!!!!!!!! and she and her immediate family would not even get a Christams card from me if I was one of her relatives. What kind of message is she passing on to her children about the meaning of Christmas, "oh yes kids the message for Christmas is, expect lots of gifts from your relatives then rip them off because we invited them for dinner".

In fact I would have nothing to do with her at all at any time of year.

Message 13 of 22
See Most Recent

Greedy or practical?.

I think sometimes we are too quick to judge.

Do we really know all the facts behind her reasons? Her and her family may have and want to enjoy a tremendously extravegant day once a year which would be far beyond her own ability to pay and £30 each could be a very fair price. Woman Happy

++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 14 of 22
See Most Recent

Greedy or practical?.

The woman concerned appears to enjoy her food too much! There is no need for excess at Christmas or at any other time of the year.
Message 15 of 22
See Most Recent

Greedy or practical?.

Agreed Archie, but the whole family may choose to be extravegant and who are we to say you can't. XX

It still has to be paid for.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 16 of 22
See Most Recent

Greedy or practical?.

I wonder how much she charges the family for the Christmas presents she bought them or do they all have to buy an extortionately priced ticket for Santas Grotto in the cupboard in the hall where they get some piece of cheap tat ?

Message 17 of 22
See Most Recent

Greedy or practical?.

lol Archie xx

++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 18 of 22
See Most Recent

Greedy or practical?.

Would never dream of charging anyone I invited but we had 16 for Christmas lunch last year and similar numbers for the last 5 years at least and I don’t remember inviting anyone!

This year, when we’ve been asked, “what are you doing for Christmas this year?”, both the wife and I have replied, “nothing!”.

Message 19 of 22
See Most Recent

Greedy or practical?.

So much for a quiet Christmas Smiley Mad

We’re at 8 for Christmas Day and 12 for Boxing Day - next year I’m going away 😖

Message 20 of 22
See Most Recent