Gender equality.

Right, it's cat amongst the pigeons time.

We've all seen the uproar over gender equality and up to a point...... they have a point.

Now there are some things that women can do as well as men. There are other things that women can do better than men. However, many things done by men can only be done by a few, exceptional women.

Now then, to get to the nitty-gritty......... If women consider themslves to be the equal to men, how about doing away with separate sporting events? Separate changing rooms? Separate toilets? Separate...... everything?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 16
See Most Recent
15 REPLIES 15

Gender equality.

Being equal doesn't have to mean being the same.  I was once asked by a bloke if I'd  "burnt my bra".  I told him I wanted to be equal to him ( a comedown from being superior lol), not look like him. I certainly wouldn't want to share a loo or a changing room.

Men have physical strength, where as women, I believe, have emotional strength.  Each are good at different things

so will never be considered equal in that respect.  However I do think that if two people do the same job, they should be paid the same regardless of gender.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 2 of 16
See Most Recent

Gender equality.

What do separate changing rooms have to do with gender equality? I would say nothing. How about a right to privacy and not to be oggled at because you can be sure that not all men would respect such things given half a chance?

There are of course differences between men and women, including physical strength in the field of sports. However, equal jobs should demand an equal salary. They didn't when i was working and in the 70s some women had to stop working if they got married. Things have improved but there is still a way to go.
All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 3 of 16
See Most Recent

Gender equality.

I can't really answer this how I would like to answer it so I won't. xx  Woman Happy

I beleive that if a certain job is done by both male and females then pay should be equal. I don't find the rejection of a female to do a man's job is wrong but it has to be shown that a man is the best person for that job.

But may I ask how you would personally feel and how you would cope if laws changed and made all amenitities equal i.e no seperate toilets, changing rooms etc?

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Next mood swing in 6 minutes
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 4 of 16
See Most Recent

Gender equality.

I don't see why that would happen, busty. It is not a necessary move towards greater gender equality. Why would a change that could make abuse more likely even be considered?
All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 5 of 16
See Most Recent

Gender equality.

I certainly agree that men who do the same job as women, should be paid equally, As for toilets I would rather do what I do unhindered by the fact that I would be required to share the proceeds of my lifestyle with anyone else!
Message 6 of 16
See Most Recent

Gender equality.

Now you who have posted seem to think I was making a statement, I wasn't, I was asking questions.

The unstated (implied) question is "where do you stop" because you can be pretty sure some group or other will be making such questions part of their retaliatory "demands" before long.

How do you define "equal"? It could mean equal in every respect depending on your point of view?

As someone asked, no, I wouldn't want the share changing rooms or toilets. I like to think of women as "special", to be cherished..... I think those women who demand some things in "equality" are doing women a disservice and almost seem like female men!

Live long and prosper.

Message 7 of 16
See Most Recent

Gender equality.

In the latest report on British Firms

They are damning about the 'Gender inequality' on pay

One of their 'highlights' is the difference between a male and female in the Cigarette Industry

But they are comparing two Bosses of different firms - idiotic

----

We now have large legal firm going after I think is Asda for 'Gender inequality'

They are comparing Mostly males working in the Warehouses with Mostly Women on the tills

Things are getting ridiculous - a similar case has been in the courts for years involving Tesco(?), on the exact same issue, that has already ran up costs running into millions

Final Bills for cases and any payouts will run to £billions

which of course the Legal Firm will get at least 30%

Message 8 of 16
See Most Recent

Gender equality.

There will not be real equality until there are as many female rough sleepers as there are male or as many female boat people as there are male or until all men are forced to cover their heads for modesty, And until there are all female grooming gangs👍
Message 9 of 16
See Most Recent

Gender equality.

Think about the poor transgenders.

Theoretically a man who becomes a woman would have to take a pay cut, or if a woman becomes a man they would get an automatic rise.

Message 10 of 16
See Most Recent

Gender equality.

@023mjcwrote:

Being equal doesn't have to mean being the same.  I was once asked by a bloke if I'd  "burnt my bra".  I told him I wanted to be equal to him ( a comedown from being superior lol), not look like him. I certainly wouldn't want to share a loo or a changing room.

Men have physical strength, where as women, I believe, have emotional strength.  Each are good at different things

so will never be considered equal in that respect.  However I do think that if two people do the same job, they should be paid the same regardless of gender.

But not regardless of time served - experience.

Message 11 of 16
See Most Recent

Gender equality.

@mikes*corvetteswrote:

Think about the poor transgenders.

Theoretically a man who becomes a woman would have to take a pay cut, or if a woman becomes a man they would get an automatic rise.

If you think about it though with transgender people.

The male to female would still have the size and strength physique of a male. The female to male though would be at a disadvantage.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 12 of 16
See Most Recent

Gender equality.

If someone transitioned as a fully blown adult, then possibly yes depending on their physical make-up and whether they looked effeminate or not.

Someone who transitioned at a young age would probably have more of a female look about them. When they start young, the hormones they're given help them look "less male" before they're old enough for the chop.

Live long and prosper.

Message 13 of 16
See Most Recent

Gender equality.

There s going to be a programs on the TV tomorrow about this subject.  With 100 women contributing to it. Didn't catch all the details but one point that was made that it will take about another 200 years before equality could be reached.  Too late for me XXX

Not that I'm really bothered to be honest. Xx

++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 14 of 16
See Most Recent

Gender equality.

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/activities/construction/women-in-construction/

++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 15 of 16
See Most Recent

Gender equality.

but then gender equality isn't really about seperate bathrooms and stuff is it - well in my view it isn't it's about how people view that sex and what they can and cannot do in life and skills. 

I know what I am trying to say but it's difficult sometimes in some subjects lol it's clear in the head but writing it down is something else!!!

Message 16 of 16
See Most Recent