Feel free to add more info...

Well actually her name is Georgia, but it wasn’t always that way, since a genital defect led to her being registered at birth as a boy called George William Ziadie.
She was subsequently raised as a boy by her parents, in spite of other relatives questioning her gender when she was as young as three.
‘Cousins would say to her Mother “why is Georgie being brought up as a boy?”
Her parents also forced her to undergo horrific hormone therapy treatment as they refused to accept she might be a girl – but ultimately it was her Grandmother who came to the rescue, giving her the money to undergo corrective surgery when she was 21.
She changed her name to Georgia Arianna on her 21st birthday in 1970.

Message 1 of 15
See Most Recent
14 REPLIES 14

Why more info? It's hadly new news is it?

I have every sympathy with those for whom Nature has created a terrible mistake but I've no time at all for those blokes who've had wives and kids and then in later life declare they've really been a woman "inside"........ After they've had "the change", they look, walk and talk like a bloke in drag.

The first reassingnment I read about was April Ashley and since then there have been many who've really made a life as a "real" woman who looks the part and for anyone who's not heard of her, have a look at Tula?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 3 of 15
See Most Recent

@cee-dee wrote:

Why more info? It's hadly new news is it?

That could be said about the majority of Threads, by the time we discuss, or comment on a thread all the news, and views are usually out there in abundance. Yet we all add more of our own  input, and info to the Topics on display.

Message 4 of 15
See Most Recent

Well threads about what's in the news are obvioulsy new news, threads about summat "old" need a bit of explanation for the reason for posting?

Live long and prosper.

Message 5 of 15
See Most Recent

I too remember reading about April Ashley, and one thing in the article I read stuck in my mind, the fact that she was born not with the usual male chromosome XY,  but with XXXYY.  Wjho knows, maybe other transgender people have had similar chromosome abnormalities, leading to confusion as to gender.

Message 6 of 15
See Most Recent

I'd also question the 'why now' of OP ,  so probably for first time, in total agreement with CD.Smiley Surprised

Could it be that  you're leading up to in some way excusing the behaviour of this serial sex offender?

http://www.thescarboroughnews.co.uk/news/crime/private-music-teacher-jailed-after-admitting-indecent...

Message 7 of 15
See Most Recent

That's very important, I was going to mention the chromosome make-up as the thread developed (as I was hoping it would).

The thing about those poor people wrongly assigned a gender at or not long after birth, before doing that a check should have been made on the chromosome angle because many of those wrongly assigned male are actually completely 46XX (a male is 46XY). Some have a variation but they're still really female.

Chromosomes (there are 22 pairs plus 2 sex chromosomes) can either be missing altogether or there may be additional copies, all resulting in life problems of one degree or another. It's complicated and I only sort of became interested when researching the differences after reading about a poor "victim".

Live long and prosper.

Message 8 of 15
See Most Recent

538513_201167183325383_558047085_n.jpgSometimes i dont know what sex i am..

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 9 of 15
See Most Recent

In this case "I blame the parents" clearly applies...

Message 10 of 15
See Most Recent

Somehow I don't think this thread has developed the way Ronnie intended? But, what way was that?

Live long and prosper.

Message 11 of 15
See Most Recent

He's talking about Lady (Smiley LOL - only married to a Lord for a year in the 70s but still calls herself lady) Colin Campbell. 

Wrote a biography about Princess Diana .  She's an argumentative harridan, and needs some cash so currently in that 'Yet another reality Celeb nonsense' in the Australian Jungle.

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/shortcuts/2015/nov/18/who-is-lady-colin-campbell-and-why-doe...

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 12 of 15
See Most Recent

Yeah, I know who he meant but the "add more info" and the reason for it???

Live long and prosper.

Message 13 of 15
See Most Recent

Perhaps he wants a thread about the latest  I'm a Celebrity get me out of here Smiley LOL

But who knows.  Only the man of mystery can tell us that.

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 14 of 15
See Most Recent

As well as wrongly assigned gender, there are people who are born hermaphrodite, (having both female and male organs)

Very rare, but it does happen.

At present, I believe that the parents are told to choose which gender to register the child.

Some doctors advocate chopping off the male bits and bring child up as a girl.

But how are the parents supposed to know if they are going to get it right.

Such people should initially be registered as neutral, and allowed to make up their own minds when they are old enough.

Also, gender is assigned in the womb, first to the body, then about 3 weeks later, to the brain.

Very rarely, they dont match, so the person ends up with body of one gender and the brain of the other

Photobucket
Message 15 of 15
See Most Recent