Falling birth rate?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/06/falling-birth-rates-could-spell-end-of-the-west---lord-sa...

A very interesting article by Lord Sacks regarding the future of the West.

Message 1 of 34
See Most Recent
33 REPLIES 33

Falling birth rate?

I wonder what view he takes on the growing humanitarian crisis in north Africa where drought and famine are affecting endless number of children, so many starving and malnourished. It's a shame in a country like ours which now has the largest population in Europe (Western) that we cannot get along with the population that we have.

Message 2 of 34
See Most Recent

Falling birth rate?

Those that took the words "Go forth and multiply" too literally are reaping their reward now. It's heart-rendering to see the current plight of their children but it's their fault for producing children they cannot feed and for increasing the population of their countries to unsustainable levels.

Now, they want to come here and do the same thing but at our expense and the do-gooders are encouraging them!

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 3 of 34
See Most Recent

Falling birth rate?

Related image

Message 4 of 34
See Most Recent

Falling birth rate?

The words 'humanitarian crisis' and 'endless number of children' are very pertinent there Archie. And they seem to be accompanying each other increasingly as various parts of the world face famines etc. 

I find that article quite thought provoking and very worrying. In the past I have had conversations with my three granddaughters, all in their twenties, about their futures, and I have told them that if I were their age now, I would not have children. Two of them agree with me. I cannot see how this country can cope in the future unless there is some sort of limitation on the size of families. I do wonder if this kind of despair is the reason why British born women are not having as many children.

Message 5 of 34
See Most Recent

Falling birth rate?

I think there is a differing thought process between career women and those who are less skilled, I watched a programme the other day about people on the dole one couple had 12 children neither worked and the father took the kids to school in a mini bus, they were living on benefits of 70k per year and all because what? Either she didn't believe in cotraception, he didn't, or this was a lifestyle choice which the rest of us have to pay for.
But look at the tragedy unravelling in Africa and all you see is starving kids with mothers, not a father to be seen, are they working in the fields or are they waiting indoors for the wife to return? Why does poverty go hand in hand with out of control breeding? I don't know the answers!
Message 6 of 34
See Most Recent

Falling birth rate?

Because children are needed to support the parents when they can no longer work and of course there is no guarantee what their survival chances are.

Increase their health and prospects and combined with good readily available family planning, it will bring both health and economic benefits.

There is also drought and desertification making those who once could cope, no longer able to do so.

Falling birth rate?

Message 8 of 34
See Most Recent

Falling birth rate?

@fallen-archie wrote:
I think there is a differing thought process between career women and those who are less skilled, I watched a programme the other day about people on the dole one couple had 12 children neither worked and the father took the kids to school in a mini bus, they were living on benefits of 70k per year and all because what? Either she didn't believe in cotraception, he didn't, or this was a lifestyle choice which the rest of us have to pay for.
But look at the tragedy unravelling in Africa and all you see is starving kids with mothers, not a father to be seen, are they working in the fields or are they waiting indoors for the wife to return? Why does poverty go hand in hand with out of control breeding? I don't know the answers!

When you're breeding in the name of Allah a few hundred thousand casualties along the way are acceptable, nothing more than collateral damage. Islam is in the ascendancy; it is the only religion that is growing faster than the world's population, and it is growing at such a rate largely due to the overpopulation in mainly Islamic African countries. It is estimated that by 2070 or thereabouts it will be the majority religion worldwide. It's a done deal, you can't stop a runaway train.

And still we pity them and invite them here in their thousands. I wonder if our children and grandchildren will hold us responsible for throwing away our cultural heritage.

Message 9 of 34
See Most Recent

Falling birth rate?

"I wonder if our children and grandchildren will hold us responsible for throwing away our cultural heritage"

No idea,but if we're not carefull they will hold us responsible for throwing away our greatest unique heritage-The NHS

We are many,They are few
Message 10 of 34
See Most Recent

Falling birth rate?

If western culture were to get wiped out, millions of starving people would have no chance whatsoever so they shouldnt bite the hand that feeds them, African, Indian Arabic leaders etc could not care a fig about poverty, children wil treatable illnesses dying, the exploitation of girls the list is woefully long.  These countries should hope to God, that we survive way into the future, for without us they have all had it.

Message 11 of 34
See Most Recent

Falling birth rate?

"These countries should hope to God, that we survive way into the future, for without us they have all had it"

And with us they have "had it" as well,as witnessed in Afghanistan,Iraq,Libya,Syria,Yemen, etc,...............

We are many,They are few
Message 12 of 34
See Most Recent

Falling birth rate?

So you think the Indian parliament care that thousands of their people live without even a toilet in 2017 then? That African leaders care that its people starve while they buy a new gold plated rolls royce from western aid? I could go on but whats the point, there is a cancerous hatred for the west within the western people, like a disease, always seeing us as the bad guys, never the good done all over the world because culturally it is a basic trait, that we care.

Im going out now thank god. Couldnt read too much more of the self loathing mentalitiy often to be found here.

Message 13 of 34
See Most Recent

Falling birth rate?

Surely you cannot blame us for their shortcomings, What about Pakistan? There are still hundreds trying to get into the west and specifically the U.K. What have we done to deserve that. Somalia is another place where famine and drought have played a role yet despite the efforts of many charities to bring in waster aid and medical assistance their infrastructure is awful and government corrupt, how the hell are we supposed to address that.
Message 14 of 34
See Most Recent

Falling birth rate?

You could say the same about the British parliament fiddling expenses while a million people wait in the foodbank queues,or millions  spent doing up royal residences whilst homelessness is soaring,but of course you won't

We are many,They are few
Message 15 of 34
See Most Recent

Falling birth rate?

Not sure what you are on about, im not blaming us.........opposite...........id  say re-read what i said but is it worth it. W i t h o u t the west keeping up our birthrate.....ie us still being about to give a ********  who would?  Off to trafalgar square for a chinese before i lose my appetite.

Message 16 of 34
See Most Recent

Falling birth rate?

stop tempting me back im trying to get my skates on,

ok, so you think anything we ever have to complain about is anyting like what the 3rd world has to complain about??  You need to travel more, see the world as it is. And dread the day that the west gets so decimated in population that their philosophy leads us, the world will then be in dire straits. No one in the world cares more for others than us in the west. We get rubbed out of history, i wouldnt like to see it.

Aid for the world from who??  if not the west? 

over and out 🙂

Message 17 of 34
See Most Recent

Falling birth rate?

well thats my point we are not a third world country but treat our least well off appalingly

We are many,They are few
Message 18 of 34
See Most Recent

Falling birth rate?

It may have escaped your notice JB but there are houses going up all over the place and few being demolished, no one wasn't s people to starve and our record as a people is good on dealing with social issues however you cannot get away from the fact that the more you help the more dependent some become, Why bring up the state of our prominent buildings which are part of our fabric and of national importance, are you simply anti royalist, some kind of latter day Cromwellian protector and if so why do so many seek to come to this country from other parts of the world, Could they be seeking a better life because if we take your synopsis they won't find it!
Message 19 of 34
See Most Recent

Falling birth rate?

\it hasn't escaped my notice as a lot of my mates are in the builing trade,but it might have escaped your notice that despite more homes being built,they are selling at the market rate,which is ok if you are doing well,but a lot of working people will never be able to buy at market rates so more social housing must be built,as couples now even working on minimum wage cannot afford to rent at market rates as witnessed by the ever increasing housing benefit bill,obviously more social housing wether built by council or housing associations would cut the massive HB bill

We are many,They are few
Message 20 of 34
See Most Recent