Ebay becoming un-useable due to Javascript overload

This is just a whinge; I don't expect any comments/action.

Myebay (never liked that name) in particular is so overloaded with garbage Javascript that it is making the page un-useable.

You have a pile of script executing merely on page focus.

What this does is stop you scrolling the page; stop you clicking any links; and spins the fans up on your PC just to cope with the extra processing.

It's becoming a problem.  It's taking several seconds before MyEbay actually becomes responsive to any user input at all. Too busy running Javascript.

It's time to start removing all this useless, mostly, Javascript.

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Can't comment on the technicalities but thanks for explaining why the fans are on so much.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Yes, javascript is becoming a real pain in the backside.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Not just ebay.  There are other sites trying to pack as many ads as they can on the screen.

You should get a pop up box at the bottom, stating  Not responding due to long running script.

Also a link to press to stop script.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

That's for sure, my homepage is Yahoo. Their "News and Gossip" snippets are atrocious, bouncing up and down the screen, taking an age to load (if they do at all). When they have something of real interest to me it's usually unreadable because it's broken into bite sized bits with adverts between every one and an array of ads that have to clicked on to remove before I can read the info.

I usually don't bother with them at all now.
Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent