Dallas shootings - the 'other suspects'

During the shootings Police were putting out stories of multiple shooters and that armed Black men in camouflage, were on the streets as well as the snipers (plural)

This guy was listed as an 'Armed and dangerous' Suspect, all over  local Media and social media by City Police

wrong-suspect.png

But He was just a 'Normal' Guy, out walking with His Lady friend and His assault Rifle, in the immediate vicinity, and about same time as the shootings, if you look on the left of the pictures, you can see the building with concrete columns at street level, where a number of Officers were killed - He wasn't the only Person, exercising their 2nd Amendment rights in that march either. 

In Texas those rights allow you to walk the streets with an Assault Rifle

Cm0KrTVVUAAbB6e.jpg

Sick strange Country, that will only get worse.

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

Over there, it seems you're liable to be shot for the slightest reason.

As to getting shot by the cops, I think the best way to survive when confronted by a cop is to comply, not argue or struggle, sort it out afterwards.

A long time ago, I was nabbed by three cops who thought I was the chap who lived next door. When I reached in to my back pocket for my wallet to show them my driving licence they thought I was reaching for a weapon and they all grabbed me. As soon as they realised they'd got the wrong bloke and saw the chap next door, they all dashed off to grab him without a "sorry mate" or anything. I guess in America I'd have been shot?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

and to complete the story, I heard on the radio when the chap realised what was happening he handed his assualt rifle to a policeman so he could defend himself better until more help arrived.

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

a Couple of things in this Video  (44 minutes long)

The Mind set of US Police seems to be, always shoot

You as an Officer or Trooper will NEVER be found guilty,

when you shoot anybody that is 21 foot or closer (21 Foot Rule), even if they are walking away

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66pr23xUKZc  

The American senior and low ranking Officers who came over to See How Scottish & other UK Police forces deal with armed (knives etc), violent or agitated Suspects, Are all shocked at how we deal these people,

They just do not understand why we just don't shoot them

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

Interesting. Couple of things i picked up on was as follows;

29 mins approx that Women Police officer saying we in Scotalnd or UK may not see the level of violence that they see-wot! she having a laugh?? She's never spent a shift in Glasgow then. Naw hen ,we just deal with it better.

28-30 mins -Officers in response to the de-escalation demo- He's getting it shot, yeah he's getting shot, he'd be shot no doubt.What is wrong with these guys.? They can't use pepper spray,taser, a baton correctly?They have to use a f'ng gun!  I know of no one that can stop a bullet!! idiots.

39 mins- The guy with the hatchet ,threating behaviour etc in his home. They test and use UK de-escalation tactics and withdraw till next day!

Wot!! No way the Scots/UK police would have withdrawn in that situation and let him go back into his house until the next day-allowing the situation to fester. It would have been dealt with until situation was de-escalated properly ,like he would have been disarmed after negotiations. He would never have been allowed back in his home.He would have been arrested and sent to a metal institution immediately.

Can't these dimwits follw instructions on how to de-escalate situations like this?  

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

The Americans are totally and utterly obsessed with guns - FACT.

Things have barely moved on since the days of General Custer and Billy the Kid - FACT.

Live by the Sword - Die by the Sword - FACT.

(Substitute 'Sword' for 'Gun').

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

@celticthebhoys585 wrote:

Interesting. Couple of things i picked up on was as follows;

29 mins approx that Women Police officer saying we in Scotalnd or UK may not see the level of violence that they see-wot! she having a laugh?? She's never spent a shift in Glasgow then. Naw hen ,we just deal with it better.

That Miami Police Woman was talking  to Strathclyde Police, with Glasgow the Knife using capital of Europe on their beat, trying to say, that We don't really know violence.
-----------------
But a lot of the problem is, the 21 Foot rule, even though it has been discredited.  It is now embedded in the minds of Courts, Police and loads of the Public (who make up Grand Juries)
In that Film you hear Officers saying their main Duty is to protect at all costs their Partners. That's Military thinking, not what Police thinking should be. They take to the streets in Combat mode, as soon as they leave the station. The Dallas shootings will only reinforce that thinking in many Officers.

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

Just some normal Americans at the Republican Convention in Cleveland this week - These ARE NOT security, these are members of the Public, exercising their 2nd Amendment rights, by walking about, as if it's a War zone.

578dc81bc361880c448b4589.png

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent