Crimewatch axed?

The BBC are going to axe Crimewatch because of falling audiences. Why do you think that is?

Is it just because of changing viewing habits or what?

I wonder if it's because they've done the same as other programmes, got far too much "presenter exposure"? Some programmes seem to be full of the presenter(s) Me, Me, look at Me, they're in to everything and there's far too much opinionated waffling chat rather than facts and action.

Another example is Police Interceptors on Channel five. They've now got TWO presenters waffling and play-acting, we don't want to see that.

Programmes revolving around factual things don't need a presenter. They're surely much better with a narrator filling in with factual information rather than a presenters comment and take on a situation?

Over to you for comment....?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

Crimewatch axed?

Police 5 with Shaw Taylor is hard to beat.

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

Crimewatch axed?

Smiley LOL

Petal
Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

Crimewatch axed?

Maybe there is far too much bad to have to make a programme about.

People actually get sick of hearing about all the horrible stuff going on.

"Out of sight out of Mind"

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Next mood swing in 6 minutes
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

Crimewatch axed?

I think the falling audience figures are down to poor scheduling. It was being aired at the same time as dramas like Broadchurch and Cold Feet which have both had huge viewing figures for previous series so were always going to be stiff competition. Personally I think it would have been better to shift it on to BBC4 than do away with it altogether.

I would have suggested it but nobody asked me. slight_frown

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

Crimewatch axed?

I agree we need to bring back Shaw Taylor, trouble is if it did come back they would probably replace him with Dominic Littlewood or that other mongrel that should go back to selling fruit and veg. Then of course there are the stock BBC females Ms Winkleman and her that reads the news and kills the antiques roadshow Ms Bruce! Like the Conservative Party here is a distinct lack of bright young talent being nurtured right now😩
Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

Crimewatch axed?

Who watches live TV anymore -

I watch what I recorded the day before

That means you can watch an 'Hour' show in 35 to 40 mins

No opening Titles, no review/preview at start, no whats going to happen at end, no adverts or closing titles

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

Crimewatch axed?

Quite.

Anyway it was more a 'curtain twitchers' show, along with other similar ones. 

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent