http://www.mercurynews.com/business/ci_27367143/ebay-shed-2-400-jobs

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Biz Break: eBay to lay off 2,400, could split into three parts

Hello

eBay to shed 2,400 jobs, may split into three companies

"eBay's loyal customers are back," Donohoe said, "but our more occasional customers have not returned." = me not think so with all the changes that are maddening whether for sellers or buyers

• Managed returns that is fraught with problems & glitches for buyers
  • Managed returns which is unfair to sellers when a tracking number as been entered to show that buyer has indeed received his/her item & no option anymore to up-load photos
  • Too many glitches
  • Less visibility for sellers
  • terrible & unfair defect system
  • Terrible Customer Service
  • Constant changes.e the bell which is of no use to anyone instead of real changes for the benefit of both Sellers & Buyers
  • Not enough interesting items or that rare item that one will be happy to buy on here
  • Too many big businesses that sells tat & have the protection of eBay regardless of how many negs they have or that they are terrible sellers
  • Sellers let down by unscrupulous buyers that eBay seems to back up at time despite clear & real evidence

& the list goes on & on & on

Tech analyst Rob Enderle, who said last month that layoffs ahead of a split made little sense because "a spinout typically causes staff shortages in common services," said the move could signal that eBay is trying to sell the businesses after splitting them up.

Hence why perhaps CS is terrible thus not having a direct number to call them or such a long wait when calling them or a robot type answer when querying something ???!!

Regardless it has been so bad for so many sellers & somne buyers that I will be interested to see what eBay has up its sleeve when eBay finally get split off from PayPal

So how many people are going to open a business or a shop with eBay or how many private sellers will remain is to be seen !! When New sellers or buyer realises all the problem on here perhaps they won't bother = who knows really !!!

Will have to look at my Crystal Ball !!

crystal ball with woman.pngHmmm !!  Yes perhaps !!!???? Woman LOL

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Another article here:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/01/22/ebay_q4_redundancies/

I was intrigued by this bit:

It was a good end to the 12 months but still couldn’t save the company from reporting losses of $41m, compared to a profit of $2.85m a year ago. Sales grew 12 per cent to $16bn.

Lacking a business brain, I've absolutely no idea where the losses occurred - most of the numbers quoted look quite reassuring. What surprised me was the fact that eBay made a loss at all.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Hello

The losses could have occurred with the Cyber attack & all the glitches & the fact that a lot of people just decided that eBay was not that safe anymore( sellers & buyers) & all the problem that came with it !!! or that there are far more reliable sites to buy without all the glitches & affordable prices or to sell without all the hassle & glitches ....

“As independent companies, eBay and PayPal will enjoy added flexibility to pursue new market and partnership opportunities,” added Donahoe. “Our board and management team believe that putting eBay and PayPal on independent paths in 2015 is best for each business and will create additional value for our shareholders.”

Time will tell indeed !!

“The thing to keep in mind is that we have more insight around our own company than anyone on the outside can,” Donahoe opined in March. “It's easy to say when you're sitting on the outside, 'Oh, simplistically separate, and we'll do some short-term financial manoeuvring to drive the share price up'

Oh really so how come so many sellers are leaving & the many problems that have plagued the sellers & now the buyers are still not resolved !!  Never mind the useless CS & lack of visibility or the new Managed return that is fraught with so many problems for buyers & sellers alike or not the least the terrible defect system that is killing sellers one way or the other ??!!

Oh yea I know more interested in the likes of Argos/Big business sellers that bring big bucks even though they sell **bleep** & have so many negs that I could cover my walls with them  Woman LOL

Donahoe will also lose his seat at the head of the table once the pair have split, as current president of eBay Marketplaces Devin Wenig becomes chief of eBay Inc and senior American Express exec Dan Schulmann takes over as chief of PayPal. Both he and current CFO Bob Swan will step down from management, but remain on the boards of one or both of the companies.

Time will tell also but do not feel that it will be better one way or the other Woman Wink

Will Devin Wenig be as ruthless as his predecessor Donahoe & inclined to dictate how UK Business sellers or private sellers manage their own business or sell or will he implements even more draconian measures to finally alienate all ??!!

Only my point of view !!! Woman Very Happy

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent