Anybody Know who to report this to??

Hi all hope you are having a good start to the weekend.

Just looking for a bit of advice really.

Over the last couple of weeks i have bought several items from Amazon both fulfilled by them and from private sellers, however the advertised price on screen is totally different to what i get charged ie; card charged more.

when i have asked them about this they have made huge amounts of excuses, my address, set by publisher seller ect im sick of it.

How many people are they doing this to?? and they have not noticed, Every time it always results in a long call or chat session where by they make loads of excuses deny anything they can and offer a credit which yep you guessed it must be spent on the site, and round i go again.

so who do i report this to?? any ideas.

Message 1 of 25
See Most Recent
24 REPLIES 24

this is ebay

if you want advice about Amazon purchases you need to find an Amazon help board!

Message 2 of 25
See Most Recent

This is posted in ebay cafe, ie general chat boards. not just ebay topics.

Thats why i posted here and not on the ebay seling boards in some hope some nice person could help me out.

Message 3 of 25
See Most Recent

Amazon  Woman Happy

Message 4 of 25
See Most Recent

I guess you have emailed them at complaints@ ...etc instead of tedious phone calls? At least then you would get a reason or excuse in writing instead of verbal waffle.

I haven't noticed any difference but then I don't buy a lot of stuff from Amazon and haven't checked specifically to see if the amounts tally. Not a big fan of Amazon, time they paid a higher and fairer tax.

Hope someone can advise. Interesting to know there can be inconsistencies and good to be aware. Let us know what they say if they reply in writing.
All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 5 of 25
See Most Recent

At a guess, I'd say you are not paying attention to what postal options you are accepting as often the default is to a more expensive method, rather than the basic 3-5 business days which you have to find and tick.

Not even Amazon can charge you more than you agree to pay as that would be in total breach of their Direct Debit agreement with you.

The only other option I can think of offhand is that you are putting items into your basket to purchase later but in the meantime the price changes and again, you are not noticing before you pay.

WIthout knowing what you use to do your browsing with, you may want to try taking time to ensure you can see everything on the screen before you commit to buy.

THEN - check your purchase history the moment you've paid and check your email notification too and if something isn't right, cancel the purchase immediately.

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 6 of 25
See Most Recent

All good points, especially checking the default boxes. I discovered I had inadvertently signed up for Amazon Prime 1 month trial because of a changed default box, and I only realised at the end of that month when they asked for the annual subscription.

I had planned to give it a trial 'one day' but not then because the speakers had died on my laptop so I couldn't watch films anyway. I was quite miffed I hadn't noticed the changed default but I would bet I'm not the only one that happened to.

It's so much quicker to pay these days (and on eBay) with one click, it's easy to be caught out by their tactics.
All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 7 of 25
See Most Recent

Do you really think i would have posted if i hadnt checked the postage first. they did say to place the order when i was on chat and they wouldnt charge the postage which was a lie they did still charge it.??

Find that a tad bit insulting really.

Amazon are well known for underhand tactics they have been fined 100s of thousands for it in the past.

Amazon actually are regular offenders of this type of behaviour and repeatedly give hidden charges in the subscriptions ect. They did actually say in a chat that free doesnt mean free and they can add charges later. i find it appaling that they are still allowed to get away with this. however as it is so hard to figure out who exactly to report it to nothing ever gets done, and the cycle of them ripping people off and lying continues.

I asked in the main question who to report to not have a pick and treat someone as a two year old who has never used the internet before. please just answer the question rather than giving out insults in future as its not a very nice thing to do.

Message 8 of 25
See Most Recent

thanks, after a bit of googling they did get fined for this practise you mentioned and more recently for the misrepresentation of the next day delivery.

Still no closer to finding who to repost them to though

Message 9 of 25
See Most Recent

as you are struggling to get the answer you want try asking on an Amazon help board, you are more likely to find the answer there, than on an ebay board

Message 10 of 25
See Most Recent

That is the whole point Amazon shut down "help boards" in 2017 probably for the same reason i am posting here as i remember it was full of evidence which eventually got them fined. which AGAIN is why i posted on here(ebay cafe) which is a general chat board not a ebay selling buying board.

if you cant add to the conversation why post??

Message 11 of 25
See Most Recent

At risk of stating the obvious, it looks like the only place to go amazonwise is here:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=508510

Failing that, probably your best port of call would be Trading Standards.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 13 of 25
See Most Recent

are you for real ??? thats a selling on amazon forum. what do you think im going to gain there?

Like i said before if you cant contribute to the conversation dont keep trolling the thread with useless posts.Im looking for actual proper advice thanks.

Message 14 of 25
See Most Recent

i did try that on chat and on the phone. i did keep the transcripts,

some of the things that the manager said were laughable. they seem to think they can do what they want and even said report us if you be bothered. it makes me laugh really.

I will have a look on the trading standards website to see if i can get any further.Its a pity its so hard to do as they will just carry on doing what they want because no one can find or be bothered to take action to report it

Message 15 of 25
See Most Recent

it's an Amazon forum, maybe someone there maybe able to answer your question, as no one from this ebay forum has been able to help you,

have you even tried asking there?

Message 16 of 25
See Most Recent

AGAIN its a seller forum as a non seller you cannot post, pretty obvious really.

Message 17 of 25
See Most Recent

@queriesforus_7 wrote:

AGAIN its a seller forum as a non seller you cannot post, pretty obvious really.

not obvious at all, as you can post on ebays seller boards without being a seller, so how was I supposed to know that you can't do the same thing on an Amazon one?

Message 18 of 25
See Most Recent

I think the fact it says SELLER forum and not buyer forum, is the bit which is obvious coupled with the fact it says the following on the Amazon old community forum page

"About Discussion Boards

Amazon would like to thank the members of this community for contributing to our discussion board forums. As of October 13, 2017, we have decided to stop supporting forums. "

I think that makes it fairly obvious.

like i said before if you cant contribute and you just want to be nasty and troll comment do it somewhere else please.

Message 19 of 25
See Most Recent

As a user of amazon and amazon prime I have noticed a variation in the price advertised and that charged! It appears to be vat that they do not show until they actually bill you, I was under the impression that prices advertised should include vat at the appropriate rate however with amazon this is not necessarily the case, certainly if you buy some consumables! I am not familiar enough with the law to comment further but would welcome the views of others on this topic
Message 20 of 25
See Most Recent