Anybody Know who to report this to??

Hi all hope you are having a good start to the weekend.

Just looking for a bit of advice really.

Over the last couple of weeks i have bought several items from Amazon both fulfilled by them and from private sellers, however the advertised price on screen is totally different to what i get charged ie; card charged more.

when i have asked them about this they have made huge amounts of excuses, my address, set by publisher seller ect im sick of it.

How many people are they doing this to?? and they have not noticed, Every time it always results in a long call or chat session where by they make loads of excuses deny anything they can and offer a credit which yep you guessed it must be spent on the site, and round i go again.

so who do i report this to?? any ideas.

Message 1 of 25
See Most Recent
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Anybody Know who to report this to??

That probably does depend on whether you are VAT registered and have a Business buying account set up with them with VAT number on account. because they have started a new Business buying registration recently which does display VAT exclusive prices.  However even then they at least need to say this price displayed is without VAT added just like if you purchase from any other website.

Message 21 of 25
See Most Recent

I'd suggest talking to TS about this because selling to consumers MUST show the price to include VAT, and not add it on at a later point.

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 22 of 25
See Most Recent

If you are insulted by my attempt to help, there's not a lot I can do about that.

What I will say is that it's a bit much to be insulted at a response when you have not given the clear info before hand.

You made no mention of them talking you through placing an order, BUT - my main comment still stands.

What you appear to be saying is that on CHAT they claimed you would not be charged postage but after you placed the order they did.

You said you checked the postage charges before you clicked the confirm button.

So, if this is about a subscription and you feel you are being overcharged or unfairly charged, then you need Trading Standards.

Finally, as has been pointed out, this is eBay and just because it is the Round Table does NOT mean it's open for any discussion at all.

I'm actually surprised this thread has not been removed by now but even so, being ansty towards people who try to help given incomplete information is really not on.

Try CAG too - they may have more help to offer.

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 23 of 25
See Most Recent

Its not that i am insulted i just think you are very very rude and arrogant. There is no need whatsoever to jump to conclusions about what i have done. use your common sense first Amazon have been fined several times for misrepresenting pricing ect over the years, the latest saga being the compulsive change of the sale price on listings when a item has never been that price to start. And possible have you ever thought about asking more questions before you reply if the "info isnt clear"?? rather than being nasty. There is a lot you can do infact to stop people finding you a insult despite what you say.(Hint Hint)If someone finds something you do offensive it means not that they are wrong or soft or mard but that you have to think about how you come across to other people.Thats how you fix it no by going off on one like you did again.

For your information i have reported it to the advertising authorities with full screenshots and chats as Amazon have said free doesnt mean free so you can be charged extra. Last time i checked its still illegal. Just because they are a big company doesnt make it like im in the wrong, they think they are immune to the law just like ebay with the non working pumkin code last weekend which they never contacted me, or the other 3 people i know who it also didnt work for.

Message 24 of 25
See Most Recent

Well, you said you were insulted by my attempt to help with the information you provided at first.

It only became apparent that the info you had given was unclear and what you are complaining about after you were so unpleasant towards me for trying to help.

Just because people don't post the thing you want to hear (especially when they do it in all good faith) doesn't mean that they are being rude.

Far from it.

I have given you some more advice as to where to go for help with Amazon. It's up to you if you choose to take it or just want to rant here and generally be nasty towards others who have only offered their help.

No-one can fix anything for someone else especially when they are so rudely attacked and accused of the very thing that the attacker is doing.

I won't post again because what I have advised before clearly isn't what you are looking for, but it might be a good idea to start afresh on another non-business forum as I've suggested to get help and support.

I would honestly advise that you calm down and make sure you explain your problem clearly, maybe chronologically and be clear in what help you are hoping to receive.

Message 25 of 25
See Most Recent