Account still restricted.

Hi,

Back in 2015 I posted that my account is restricted and that I can no longer sell. My account is still restricted after asking ebay to explain the reason to me seveal times. After doing some searching I have seen that I am far from being alone in finding myself only being able to buy and not allowed to sell on ebay. I have to wonder what is happening to ebay because I have a strong feeling, (and it is only a feeling) that ebay selling section is perhaps now being dominated buy businesses and not private indeviduals.

Has anyone else noticed this or am I only dreaming? Don't get me wrong, I see nothing wrong with businesses selling on ebay, I have no problem with that at all, but I would love to see more private sellers being allowed to sell here, me included, but I do think that private sellers seem to be being forced out in favour of corporate sellers and I think that is wrong.

Of course ebay have the right to say who sells on ebay and who doesn't, but we need more private sellers here.

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Why don't you try posting this on the selling board, they may be able to help you get in touch with the right peeps on eBay CS to investigate why you have been restricted. This board tends to me more for the weird and strange of eBay forums battling our there weird and strange theories.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Ebay actually do a lot to encourage 'private' sellers - an abundance of free listings on promotional offers, plus offers of reduced FVF.

Whether PS are taking up those offers is another matter though.

And unregistered business sellers are also a PITA.

But as little-p-nut suggests, repost on Seller Central for a biased/unbiased view (depending which way you choose to look at the replies.....)

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Once you have received an indefinite restriction, that is it.

If you did not get anywhere with your complaint 18 months ago, it's a bit late to want to start again.

Here's  your original thread

http://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Archive-Seller-Central/My-account-is-restricted-and-it-s-not-my-fault...

********************************************************************************
My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only
Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

@aernethril wrote:

Once you have received an indefinite restriction, that is it.

If you did not get anywhere with your complaint 18 months ago, it's a bit late to want to start again.

Here's  your original thread

http://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Archive-Seller-Central/My-account-is-restricted-and-it-s-not-my-fault...

Hi aernethril,

I like your signature, My body is an old warehouse full of declining storage, my mind is a dusty old reference library, strictly for members and archaeologists only 

Sums me up perfectly.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent