A quick test for all gammons and gamonesses

Who on here has watched the programme “Love Island” if you haven’t please give it a try and afterwards tell me if A) You feel old B) You are excited by the skills demonstrated by the younger generation. C) How often they use the word “Like”
D) do you have teeth like they do?
From a personal point of view I find it a little scary to think that I too could have been like these guys except my teeth are my own😇
Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

What's a gammon?

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

@astrologica wrote:

What's a gammon?

A Degrogitary term for Normal People - from the oh so offended by everything Snowflake generation and right on Luvies 
Love Island makes, The Only Way is Essex look like a Documentary about Eton
This would be funny, if I didn't see 100s of similar braindead 20 somethings walking about here -
https://www.indy100.com/article/flat-earth-conspiracy-theory-geordie-shaw-sam-gowland-chloe-ferry-au...
If this is our future, the Film Idiocracy, may be reality by the end of this Century
Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

Thank you Al...I get it! And yes, I see them here too.I often wonder what would happen to them if there were to be a war, or some sort of national emergency. How would they cope?

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

Excellent synopsis there Al 👍 I really cannot recommend highly enough the need for folk to tune in and get a flavour of this program, it is a snapshot of what our youth today aspire to and you will be amazed. I know that we too were no angels, I remember having a scooter and a massive mural on my bedroom wall of Jimmy Hendrix, listening to him on my Dansette record player along with Floyd, Deep Purple etc etc and all accompanied by a herbal waft emanating from my roll up😇 and yet I could hold down a conversation on politics, geography, mathematics etc etc and maybe that is the difference these days whereby it is all about style over substance, men with there finely honed bodies and women bereft of curves but wanting to present themselves like meat in a butchers shop! The level of conversation is horrendous and yet it is must see viewing for people of a certain age. So try it and let us know what you think if nothing else you will learn something that I guarantee!!!
Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

I suspect that the vast majority of youngsters are little different from those of our generation were when young or the ones prior to that.

What I think skews our impression of today’s youth is that there is a minority who take part in these ‘reality’ shows and it is very easy to assume they represent the majority.

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

My youngest daughter watches it and I have seen two episodes with her. She gives me a daily update. I do not have a choice! Smiley LOL

Do I like it? No not really.

It's sad to see how shallow some people are. But I don't think that is a new thing, there are enough older people who seriously lack depth. It does seems to be all about looks nowadays more than ever and I find that worrying. If you do not have a six pack or duck lips you are out of the game.

One girl in there had 25000 pound of cosmetic surgery. Most of the lads in there find her the most attractive one. It's sad to think that she felt she had to do this to feel beautiful and find a partner.

The dating game has changed so much that I'm glad I'm not young anymore.

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

We were talking about this show just the other day, commenting on its obvious popularity.  We have only seen a tiny clip of it and can't bring ourselves to actually watch it.  We wouldn't have watched it when young either.  I suggested that maybe it's one of those shows that are so bad they're good, and people are tuning in for a good laugh.  

While there are many, many shallow people, they are not all young, and there are millions of young people with taste and intelligence.  The trouble is, as usual, that the exhibitionists are the most noticeable and give the wrong impression of their generation.

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

The problem as I see it is that the programme is watched by many intelligent young people who are not at all shocked by the behaviour of their fellow young people but rather they are impressed by the chiselled chests of the males alongside the enhanced breasts of the females and of course the finest sets of gnashers known to man, this is called body worshipping and has nothing todo with their intellectual capabilities which extend to screaming I’ve got a text, to an excessive use of the word “like” to the euphoria attached to free booze! Putting it bluntly if these people are truly representative of what young people aspire to these days then there is little hope for the planet!
Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent