A muslims response to the Charlie Hebdo attack

The muslim mayor of Rotterdam response to the attack on Charlie Hebdo

and other terrorist attacks by muslim extremists.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/muslim-mayor-of-rotterdam-ahmed-aboutaleb-tells-extre...

Message 1 of 137
See Most Recent
136 REPLIES 136

Hello

Good for him = as I also agree !!!

So thumps up indeed !!! Woman Very Happy

Not all Muslims are "fundamentalists" & lots of them will indeed resent & be very much angry at the few that are creating such unrest & kill people using the name of the Prophet in vain !!

Terrible state of affairs indeed as if there was not enough pain & suffering in the World !!!  Woman Frustrated

Message 2 of 137
See Most Recent

Good to see a bit of back bone coming through, surely the majority need to stand up for themselves and be seen to do so. The words may not be appropriate for here but the sentiment ought to be shared.
Message 3 of 137
See Most Recent

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-01-16/saudi-bloggers-flogging-postponed-for-health-reasons-as-protests-... .......................... A Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, 10 years in prison and a fine has had this weeks flogging postponed after doctors said he had not recovered from last weeks' lashes. Raif Badawi, 31, was sentenced in May for charges related to a website he set up called the Saudi Arabian Liberals, and over allegations he insulted senior Islamic clerics, and Islam. Badawi has been receiving 50 public lashes a week each Friday after prayers, but this week's flogging was delayed when the prison doctor concluded that his wounds had not healed properly and he would not be able to withstand another bout.
......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 4 of 137
See Most Recent

If as is predicted the states become self sufficient again (oil and gas) maybe the Saudis may have to consider a rethink. Bit late for the woman beheaded today but a glimmer of hope.
Message 5 of 137
See Most Recent

Reiterating the point that all muslims are not fundamentalists. I was watching the muslim man who saved 15 Jewish people in the supermarket in Paris by hiding them in the chiller and freezer in the basement. Then he escaped outside and helped the police, hats off to him for showing his religion in a good light the way most muslims are.
Message 6 of 137
See Most Recent

Well said, that Mayor.

And yes, good for Lassana Bathily. There is a petition calling for Hollande to grant him French citizenship and the Legion of Honour. 

When he got out of the store, police arrested and handcuffed him for 1.5 hours, assuming that this black man was inevitably one of the terrorists. When the police finally realized their mistake, they interrogated him, and he gave them the plan of the store, which has facilitated the police intervention.

The young man of 24 is particularly humble: "I am a Muslim, practicing. I've already done my prayers in this store, in the storehouse. And yes, I helped the Jews. We are brothers, he said. This is not a question of Jews, Christians or Muslims, we are all in the same boat" he declared. 

This ordinary hero is a role model. An undocumented citizen when he first arrive to France, he was finally welcomed in a Jewish store, and he saved fifteen Jewish people. Fifteen people. Simply.

There are many lessons to be learnt from this story. Stereotyping led the police to lose 1.5 hours in a context where every minute can be decisive. But the story of Lassana is also a great lesson on the benefits of mutual aid and brotherhood, which is the deeper meaning of all true religion.

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 7 of 137
See Most Recent

Honour the man, let his bravery be seen and acknowledged by others of all faiths. The sooner this minority of terror seeking zealots are exposed the sooner we will see a little more peace in the world.
Message 8 of 137
See Most Recent

Just has a look at an update and it seems it has been decided that he will be granted citizenship, in a ceremony on Jan 20th.Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 137
See Most Recent

Round of applause for a good French citizen, for humanity and common decency.
Message 10 of 137
See Most Recent

I'm sorry I fail to understand this so called 'religion' - it's unforgiving and totally without love for anyone!

It advocates that Allah is the one God - there is no other, so all you other religions can forget it.

When women are told they cannot go anywhere without a chaperone, cannot be educated, must cover everything - including alluring eyes, its acceptable to send in children to blow themselves and others up, acceptable to kill anyone who dares create images of their god, acceptable to cut off the heads of even those who help children like Alen Henning, acceptable to stone to death a woman who commits adultery... I could go on and on!!!

Then we're told that these are not the beliefs of the vast majority - OK so how come I've yet to see any Muslim demonstrations against the actions of these few? These 'few' who are overunning countries the world over and causing concern for the might of the Western Alliance. If anyone on here thinks these actions are the actions of the 'few' - you're living in cookoo land!

I don't have a religion - I'm not living in the dark ages! But at the same time I fully support the right for anyone to have a religion - as long as it does not impose its beliefs on others.

Message 11 of 137
See Most Recent

Dinosaur media mogul Rupert Murdoch argues that, despite the fact most ‘Moslems’ [sic] are not terrorists or supporters of terrorism, “they must be held responsible” collectively.

The same way that he – a white, Christian man – accepts full responsibility for all acts carried out by the Klu Klux Klan and Anders Brievik, we’d guess.

http://usvsth3m.com/post/seven-facts-about-british-muslims-that-islamophobes-dont-want-you-to-know?u...

We are many,They are few
Message 12 of 137
See Most Recent

Kudos to Mister Ahmed Aboutaleb.

Be nice if London's Boris the Spider and his gang of Arachnids could muster up the courage, and voice the same sentiments.

artwisemills wrote:

Then we're told that these are not the beliefs of the vast majority - OK so how come I've yet to see any Muslim demonstrations against the actions of these few?

Re the section of your post above, I've often wondered the same thing myself. The only conclusion I can come up with is that should the 'moderates' have the audacity to rebel against the 'extremeists', then there's a strong possibility that they could be in mortal danger of having their heads lopped off. Can't visualise any other reason.

Mister EMB

Message 13 of 137
See Most Recent

And I suppose that although the majority are against terrorist killings, they still don't like any cartoons about Mohammed. 

It seems that we can criticise or poke fun about politics or other real life issues, but we must not say anything about religion where belief in a supernatural being has to be given a special protected status. I don't get it.

Message 14 of 137
See Most Recent

Yep, those favourite old Words "We condemn it in the strongest possible way". They say it after serial Killers have bumped off their 100th Victim, the UN say it after the 100th case of Genocide. "We condemn it in the strongest possible way"..........Oh well that's alright then, that'll scare the **** out of them and made them realize the error of their ways.........won't it...........NOT. How many times must People be told.........."IF YOU'RE NOT PART OF THE SOLUTION, THEN YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM".

Message 15 of 137
See Most Recent

I'm still waiting for that oft used phrase to come out of the woodwork.

You knpw the one.

"Lessons will be learned."

It seems to come out after every atrocity but nothing ever gets done.

Message 16 of 137
See Most Recent

870.jpg

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 17 of 137
See Most Recent

zzz263199_451757714913918_1246745627_n.png

Message 18 of 137
See Most Recent

@tommy.irene wrote:

zzz263199_451757714913918_1246745627_n.png

Man SurprisedWoman Surprised

Where and when was this?

Message 19 of 137
See Most Recent

I suppose that like everyone else, I was misled by the thread-title.  It seemed to indicate that an actual Muslim, had come here on RT, to post a response.  But then it turned out to be just reports about what Muslims are supposed to have said.

Isn't the only possible conclusion -  that there are no real, genuine Muslim members of RT.

Why could that be?

Message 20 of 137
See Most Recent