A muslims response to the Charlie Hebdo attack

The muslim mayor of Rotterdam response to the attack on Charlie Hebdo

and other terrorist attacks by muslim extremists.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/muslim-mayor-of-rotterdam-ahmed-aboutaleb-tells-extre...

Message 1 of 137
See Most Recent
136 REPLIES 136

You don't see moderate Christians in the US protesting agaist the activities of christian terrorists such as the Army of God in the US either when they shoot doctors and bomb abortion clinics.

Out comes the 'no true Scotsman' fallacy, they are not true Moslems/Christians.

@tommy.irene wrote:
We're a secular country, according to national statistics. I don't want any form of religious preachings in schools, work, politics please. Religion is for the weak-minded. Atheists do not go out and fly planes into buildings, kill those who do not believe the same god/s. Christianity use to kill those who were not Christian Deuteronomy 17:12, 2 Chronicles 15:12-13 (They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman) and many others. This is the god you follow? Keep it to yourself..
...I hear people saying they cant wait to die and meet their God.. ....they dont like the life they have ..........if thats what their life is about..... How did the cavemen survive without God...???
......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 42 of 137
See Most Recent

I thought this thread was about muslims that are doing something against attrocities in their religions name ? How has it turned around to why don't muslims do something ie speak out .

Just curious

Message 43 of 137
See Most Recent

Well it should make EVERYBODY curious as to why they don't speak out more vehemently. Ordinary Muslims, have a far greater and more in depth knowledge of the Koran; that the rest of us. Therefore, it follows, that if a group ( all be it an every increasing size ) purport to be carrying out the doctrines of the Koran ( by killing non believers ) that can be argued against; by their fellow moderates, that see the Koran in a different light. Islamic Extremists, are hardly going to listen to doctrinal arguments concerning their faith; from people who don't practice that faith. A great many became radicalised, by having those arguments put to them by extremists; the flip side of that, is to have the vast majority counteracting that by putting their point across in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS !!

Message 44 of 137
See Most Recent

I wonder what they'd say if one of us dared to point out that in one part of the koran it says one thing and in a different place it says the opposite?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 45 of 137
See Most Recent

I'll give an example?:-

"Fight those who do not believe in God and the last day... and fight People of the Book, who do not accept the religion of truth until they pay tribute by hand, being inferior".

"Argue with people of the book, other than evil doers, only by means of what are better and say, we believe in what has been sent down to us and sent down to you. Our God is the same as your God, and we are surrendered to Him."

(The "people of the Book" are Christians and Jews. "the religion of truth" is islam.)

Live long and prosper.

Message 46 of 137
See Most Recent

Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time! But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money!
......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 47 of 137
See Most Recent

Well I am still curious as to why people think the Koran and muslims go hand in hand.....do you mean Islam ? 

India has millions of muslims so does China ..dont think they know what the Koran is tbh

Message 48 of 137
See Most Recent

so why is a thread about a muslim speaking out about atrocities done being used to say muslims dont speak out  lol

Just curious

Message 49 of 137
See Most Recent

I wasn't aware that India was considered a muslim country?

I was under the impression that the religions there are Hindu, Buddist and Sikh. As for China, Isn't religion frowned upon there but there's still Buddists again, Confucians and Taoists quite apart from minority Christians.

Live long and prosper.

Message 50 of 137
See Most Recent

not that i am aware CD, thought both countries had big muslim following...better check hadn't I 🙂  

Might have mixed up buddism with muslim ,but pretty sure muslim isnt all koran..

Message 51 of 137
See Most Recent

I think you know full well what is MEANT, you just demonstrate the "Sloping Shoulders" attitude; that is part of the problem.

Message 52 of 137
See Most Recent

The Quran ia the central text of Islam whch Muslims beleive to be a revelation from God

Just like the Bible for Christians or the Torah for Jews

Message 53 of 137
See Most Recent

Hi all,

I'd like to remind everyone about our Community Values and Community content policy, which prohibits any content that promote "racial or religious intolerance".

Thanks!

daniel.pi

Message 54 of 137
See Most Recent

@calibra101 wrote:

Going back to artwise sort of question. Why aren't the so called moderate Muslim community's on the streets and up in arms protesting against the radicals who supposedly make Islam look so bad????

Well, some do but you tend to have to look beyond the Daily Afraid to find such reports:

http://rt.com/news/189168-german-muslims-protest-isis/

Besides, do you ever organise or attend a protest when someone from a similar cultural background to yourself commits a heinous crime? If not, why?

Message 55 of 137
See Most Recent

Yes thank you Pi, it is good to see an important topic discussed, one which touches all our lives, I am sure you have had the usual complaints but quite frankly most of us are sufficiently adult enough to engage without the need to adopt the kind of stance which tries to call every comment as that of a simpleton. Strangely enough though many of the greatest moments in life are borne out of simplicity.
Next up the Evil of Cullen Skink, great soup or Cheap Bisque?
Message 56 of 137
See Most Recent

@malacandran wrote:

I suppose that like everyone else, I was misled by the thread-title.  It seemed to indicate that an actual Muslim, had come here on RT, to post a response.  But then it turned out to be just reports about what Muslims are supposed to have said.

Isn't the only possible conclusion -  that there are no real, genuine Muslim members of RT.

Why could that be?

Man Surprised  Well questions.  And a long to wait for answers from those that are it seems.

'I suppose like every one else, I was misled by the thread-title.'  Every one else?  'Why could that be?'  It isn't.   'Isn't the only possible conclusion - that there are no real, genuine Muslims of RT.' 

Of course there certainly are real genuine Muslim on the RT. Though I cant recall anyone actually saying so. Then those of other faiths (or atheists) don't usually announce it either. Given enough time you should work it out. As they work out who you are. It can be so very obvious either way, according to the discussion. Man Wink.

Anyway, that's why I asked Tommy that question about that picture. It was a unfair, if that picture was of an incident some time ago. And it turns out it was.

Message 57 of 137
See Most Recent

Yes...TIME.Man Wink

Message 58 of 137
See Most Recent

Anyway, that's why I asked Tommy that question about that picture. It was a unfair, if that picture was of an incident some time ago. And it turns out it was.</p><p> </p><hr>I found out it happened in London..There were no arrests... this is another one with no arrests.. <a target="_blank" href="http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/niger-churches-burned-in-hebdo-demo-30919383.html"...
Message 59 of 137
See Most Recent

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/niger-churches-burned-in-hebdo-demo-30919383.html .. The Niger government says at least 45 churches have been set on fire in the predominantly Muslim West African nation in protests over French cartoons lampooning Islam's prophet.
Message 60 of 137
See Most Recent