£3 school shoes what was your cost ??

Hi I resently bought my son 12 some cheap plain black plimsolls he wears them as school shoes. What school shoes do your kids wear and how much did they cost ??,
Message 1 of 22
See Most Recent
21 REPLIES 21

Hi

If you sent your child to school wearing plimsols as outdoor shoes by where i live.....questions would definitely be asked as to why  

Message 2 of 22
See Most Recent

The school recomend them as a cheap alternative to school shoes quite a lot of the kids there wear them
Message 3 of 22
See Most Recent

Even when there is snow and ice?   Sorry i would rather go round the Charity shops trying to pick up a more suitable pair.

All our schools have a strict uniform.  Even to the point where they say outdoor coats for the boys must be black with no logo.

Message 4 of 22
See Most Recent

Yeah son wore his trainers to school then changed into his lace up plimsolls when he got to school
Message 5 of 22
See Most Recent

Well probably different rules for different parts of the country but would defo not happen here.

Message 6 of 22
See Most Recent

Where about are u from ??
Message 7 of 22
See Most Recent

You should be able to find a quality second hand pair on Ebay.
Message 8 of 22
See Most Recent

West Midlands.

I have to ask....are you winding us up?

Message 9 of 22
See Most Recent

No not at all im from Cornwall my sons school has a jumper and polo shirt uniform with black school trousers and plimsolls as school shoes
Message 10 of 22
See Most Recent

Obv a lot more relaxed down there. Blazer with school badge,  Jumper with school logo and shirt and tie round here.

Just to clarify i am female and many years ago when i went to school straw boater !  lol

Message 11 of 22
See Most Recent

It is relaxed but still strict at the Same time
Message 12 of 22
See Most Recent

How funny this sounds like the many threads on money saving expert forums, the marriage, family and relationship section

Usually shoes, either uggs from Primark and plimsoles being good school uniform is often mentioned.

They post every so often under a new user name but the topics dont change.

Not sure what this has to do with selling on ebay though

Message 13 of 22
See Most Recent

My sons school don't allow uggs but there school probably has a similar uniform
Message 14 of 22
See Most Recent

I wish ebay had been around when mine were all at school. I had 5 and their school shoes almost bankrupted us.

The school was very strict indeed, shoes had to be within school guidelines, defo no plimsolls, and coats had to be dark coloured , a bit daft I always thought as black is a hard colour to see in winter when the nights pulled in and kids are crossing roads.

******************************************************************************************