Listing fee increase

Great news (they say!) about the 20 free listings per month. What's in the small print lower down is that any over and above the 20 will be 35p, as opposed to 10p for auctions and 20p for BINs.

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

Listing fee increase

i agree, i cant see whats so great about this, its going damage me really badly financially and cant see a way round this, unless they maintain free listing weekends, but i have a horrible feeling that this is going to ease off

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

Listing fee increase

No such thing as a free lunch!  I'm going to have to be VERY CAREFUL listing stuff!  From 15p to 35p is a hell of a jump.  And let's face it, what they're offering is of no benefit to the likes of people like us.  On a free weekend I'll put up maybe seventy items on average but relist most of those if the don't sell, limiting it to items which have had watchers.  Page views only I discount..  The thing is, eBay make a big song and dance about automatic free relisting, but when you do get a sale, then see your expenses mount up!  Only last year my sellers fees were around £10.00p.m.  They're now close to a ponySmiley Frustrated  OK, we're still making money otherwise we wouldn't be in this game but you can bet a bottom dollar we're not making as much as we were last year. Smiley Mad  Even my auctioneer, whom I'm on first name terms with, admitted it's becoming increasingly more difficult to loosen people's wallets - including mine!  lol.  My speciality is quality puzzles like Ravensburger and Falcon, but if I'm only making £3.00 a head and then getting clobbered for total sales fees etc. it's barely worth the effort.  I'll just have to start selling cabin cruisers!Smiley LOL     

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

Listing fee increase

This is the big news here now so BUMP…

… we're all looking for workarounds, wonder what others have come up with … x

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

Listing fee increase

Surely you should be registered as a business seller anyway and pay the appropriate fees so what are you moaning about?

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

Listing fee increase

So it's your job to tell people what category of seller they are and what sort of fees they should be paying?

Call me old fashioned, but isn't that sort of low-level policing up to eBay?

I'm sure you're an intelligent and experienced bookseller/ businessperson. So may I ask you very politely to PLEASE channel your engeries into helping hard-pressed sellers find ways to make this sneaky fee hike somehow work construcively for them?

TIA

@jimbooks360 wrote:

Surely you should be registered as a business seller anyway and pay the appropriate fees so what are you moaning about?

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

Listing fee increase

I've got a lot of bits and pieces which I thought to offer on eBay several years ago.  The onslaught of business traders and Buy it Now put me off completely.  eBay started as an auction format for people like me who had some bits and pieces to sell.  I have lost faith in the site because of all the traders.  I think that eBay may be trying to recover some of its original identity by re-recruiting sellers like me.

I, too, have Ravensburg jigsaws and Wasjig ones too.  These are puzzles which I bought on eBay, completed and now want to pass on as a private seller.  If eBay allows 20 free listings per rmonth I am tempted to start listing again.  I used to llist before the professional sellers ruined the site by clogging up all the llistings with multiple entries.

"Write your Life Story and Publish it" .....

"Longdon Green, Farewell"....

"Use Google's Picasa for a Kindle, e-book, cover picture." ... on Hub Pages

Use quotation marks when searching.
Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

Listing fee increase

I have absolutely no interest in policing ebay nor would I 'report' a seller, but as a business seller I do get a bit peeved when people start moaning about fees payable, when they are clearly not paying what they should be. The person I responded to has over twice as much feedback as me over a similar trading period and clearly operates some sort of 'business' according to  ebays own criteria.

I would respectfully say therefore that people in glass houses should not start throwing their toys around and may be better of staying mute on the subject. As an aside I was reported to ebay for being a private seller by somebody on this very board early in my book selling times when I was actually selling a private collection. ebay duly wrote to me and advised that I had to become a business seller or cease trading, so you may understand my stance on this, although I would not stoop so low as the person did on this board to me and report anybody

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

Listing fee increase

Sheesh jimbook, that's awful, mucho sympathy.

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent