E-Readers/E-Books

Anybody on here use one? 🙂 I don't personally, but was just wondering all the same 🙂
Message 1 of 17
See Most Recent
16 REPLIES 16

E-Readers/E-Books

OH has a Kindle, I have an iPad. Great for going away in the motorhome with...

Message 2 of 17
See Most Recent

E-Readers/E-Books

I use an iPad too, and do have the iBooks app, just don't hardly ever use it that much 😛
Message 3 of 17
See Most Recent

E-Readers/E-Books

I love the feel and look of a real book still. They are a good idea though when they hold so many books. A library at your fingertips.

Woman Happy

Message 4 of 17
See Most Recent

E-Readers/E-Books

So do I 🙂 I will never abandon my proper paperback books, ever 🙂
Message 5 of 17
See Most Recent

E-Readers/E-Books

@rose2008-2008 wrote:

I love the feel and look of a real book still. They are a good idea though when they hold so many books. A library at your fingertips.

Woman Happy

"The new Kindle is great, and yet you can't beat the look and the feel and the smell of a traditional old Kindle."

Graeme Garden

Message 6 of 17
See Most Recent

E-Readers/E-Books

I had a kindle, then I bought a Sony tablet, I have the Kindle app installed on that, and my daughter claimed my Kindle.

Message 7 of 17
See Most Recent

E-Readers/E-Books

My daughter gave me a kindle with 200+ books pre-loaded, and I hate it! I love her for giving it to me, I live on a boat and space is at a premium, but to hold, feel, turn the pages of a real book is such a part of ME, and has been for over 60 years, a Kindle could never, will never, replace that. I still have loads of unread books, but I'll have to use the Kindle eventually, and I'm just hoping I'll get used to it 🙂

Message 8 of 17
See Most Recent

E-Readers/E-Books

@greenunicorngirl wrote:

...  but I'll have to use the Kindle eventually, and I'm just hoping I'll get used to it 🙂

I sympathise. 

I loaded the free Kindle app to my little netbook computer.  The netbook is not much bigger than most handheld devices.  It fits in my shoulder bag quite easily.  I have downloaded a lot of free Kindle books and I've paid for a few but when it came to a book I really wanted I found out where my loyalties lay.

The Kindle edition could be had for £1.75.  The cheapest on Amazon Market Place was £45+.  I wanted the real book so much that I spent a long time looking for it.  I've just spemt £10 in the the hope of getting a good copy.  I really didn't want to read it on screen.

For me, Kindle books on my computer are a reserve back-up in case I run out of real books when on holiday.  Long may my motorhome (or barge, green unicorn girl) have room for hard copy.

"Write your Life Story and Publish it" .....

"Longdon Green, Farewell"....

"Use Google's Picasa for a Kindle, e-book, cover picture." ... on Hub Pages

Use quotation marks when searching.
Message 9 of 17
See Most Recent

E-Readers/E-Books

I must admit that I do really like the look and feel of a Kindle Fire 🙂
Message 10 of 17
See Most Recent

E-Readers/E-Books

I've got 3 shelves which hold our most precious books, but they're full so no space for new ones:-(

Message 11 of 17
See Most Recent

E-Readers/E-Books

You could always start stacking them up against the wall sides instead like I do 😉 😛 😄
Message 12 of 17
See Most Recent

E-Readers/E-Books

@queenelsa83 wrote:
You could always start stacking them up against the wall sides instead like I do 😉 😛 😄

Have you got a boat as well?

Message 13 of 17
See Most Recent

E-Readers/E-Books

I've used a kindle for about 3 years now, I found holding a book hard on my hands (I've rheumatoid arthritis) I love real books but the kindle is great for me, lots of free books too Smiley Happy

Photobucket
Message 14 of 17
See Most Recent

E-Readers/E-Books

Hi Pinkie, same reason I bought a Kindle, I was having difficulty turning pages.

Message 15 of 17
See Most Recent

E-Readers/E-Books

Hi Lady M, keeping well I hope heart

I found that I'd read more books on my kindle (or dingle as I used to call it cause I couldn't remember the name of the thing) in 3 mths than I had the whole of the previous year.

Photobucket
Message 16 of 17
See Most Recent

E-Readers/E-Books

I was given a Kindle Paperwhite for Christmas and they do have loads of advantages as already mentioned.

However, I do agree about the pleasure of turning pages, the smell of books, the variety & appeal of dust-jackets and of course, some beautiful illustrations which always appear better on paper (to me anyway).  I have some beautifully illustrated books which are a pleasure to browse through and I don't believe Kindle will ever replace those. 

I wait to be proved completely wrong of course Smiley LOL

Message 17 of 17
See Most Recent