eBay Theft or Glitch ??

I sold an item and facilitated collection by buyer who had paid through eBay.  Just by chance I checked the list of my sold items a number of days later and noted that the same item was showing cancelled.  Without making any contact with me eBay had cancelled the sale and refunded the buyer, who now has the £155 and the item.

Following enquiries by eBay, they say it was down to a system error on their part. Unfortunately it is now a week since the sale and three days since I noted the loss and still no refund.  It would appear the I am one of many affected by this so called system error. It is very concerning that eBay are not identifying and contacting sellers who suffer a loss as a result and when issued are raise they are stalling on refunds.  It is a fine line between blaming `system error `and `dishonestly appropriating. Your not contacting sellers or issuing prompt refunds, raises the question of Theft ?   I would welcome any contact from eBay regarding the immediate refund of my money.

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

eBay Theft or Glitch ??

Maybe dave@ebay  or marco@ebay  will help you.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

eBay Theft or Glitch ??

Hi littleborough6, thanks for your post.

Could you please confirm the item number for the transaction in question, so I can look into this for you?

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: