Clicking on bidding, buy it now, watch this item, make an offer buttons, not working

This has been an issue for a couple of days now, when you attempt to choose an option, a box (thin line) appears around the whole list of options but nothing is actioned. The wonderful website designers have probably changed or updated something to help justify there continued employment and not made it backward compatible with older systems. Maybe they want me to buy a more modern computer with more modern software. I will check out Amazon to see if they will allow me to buy one!

Message 1 of 29
See Most Recent
28 REPLIES 28

Clicking on bidding, buy it now, watch this item, make an offer buttons, not working

Which browser and operating system are you using? Latest versions?

Can you buy or add to cart if you use a different browser?

Or if you try a private or incognito browser window?

Or a different device?

Message 2 of 29
See Most Recent

I've had the same problem. Auto help no help at all. Have sent message to EBay. 

Message 3 of 29
See Most Recent

It's been happening with me too on a desk top mac. I am glad I am not the only person suffering this issue.

Message 4 of 29
See Most Recent

There have been similar reports from other member from the past few days,  so you're not alone.

I have tagged 2 Community Managers to ask if this is a technical issue, when I get a reply,  I'll come back to you.

As advised above,  in the meantime which device and browser are you using?  If the app or mobile browser, then switch if you can to a PC / laptop and use  Chrome or Firefox they work best with eBay,  and try from there,  it might help.

Message 5 of 29
See Most Recent

@xoggies-gigz 

Are you using OSX?

Message 6 of 29
See Most Recent

I too have this problem, which has only occured in the last 24 hours. I am using an older Macbook with Safari, and am very happy with it. I certainly do not wish to fork out for a new one just because of a glitch with ebay! I do not know much about this sort of thing, but am happy to add my voice to any reports of this error. Thing is though, I have no idea where to send such a report!! Any advice greatfully received. Thanks.

Message 7 of 29
See Most Recent

What operating system version are you using? Many mac users with OS 10 versions seem to have problems lately, along with some OS 11 users if they cannot install the latest version of a popular browser.

Message 8 of 29
See Most Recent

I've got the feeling this is quite an extensive issue, I'm a buisness seller we import and resell a lot of new goods so i have quite a steady conversion rate, however ~Wed/Thu I've seen that almost halved, without ryhme or reason i'm starting to think this may be the issue. I hope eBay fix this quick!

Message 9 of 29
See Most Recent

@eburtonlab wrote:

What operating system version are you using? Many mac users with OS 10 versions seem to have problems lately, along with some OS 11 users if they cannot install the latest version of a popular browser.

Do people here use Safari  by any chance?

I had 2 people contacted me yesterday asking if there is a problem on ebay as they cant add anything to the basket nor do Buy It Now, as none of the buttons work, all they see is some blue box around it but the buttons/links are all dead.

Both use Safari, one on Iphone latest version & one on Imac latest version.

One person added when they changed to Firefox which they dont like using, it worked & she managed to make a purchase but ebay was very slow.

The other person only uses Safari as is not technically able ( elderly) & does not know how to downlowad different browser.

Both of them are frequent buyers on ebay & their Safari always worked fine until approx 2 days ago now when it stopped.

I believe it's the latest ebay update that is to blame & it's not working for customers using Safari  so anyone using it as default wont be able to shop on ebay, no problem using it on any other marketplace but ebay.

david@ebay, marco@ebay

Please assist passing this info to the tech team to be fixed immediately if ebay does not want to loose Safari accustomed buyers to competition.

My sales are completely dead since the last few days.

Message 10 of 29
See Most Recent

Other people are having same problem when using Mac's & Iphone on ebay.

Ebay needs to fix it immediately, as none is going to buy the latest PC for thousands of ££££/$$$$$ every 6 months to make it compatible with ebay shopping , to spend £1.99 !  on something - as some posters advise here.

Even more buyers will abandon ebay if this is not fixed promptly!

No wonder the weekend sales are dead.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/Buy-It-Now-Add-to-Cart-Add-to-List-button...

Message 11 of 29
See Most Recent

@threeeight-3d wrote:

I've got the feeling this is quite an extensive issue, I'm a buisness seller we import and resell a lot of new goods so i have quite a steady conversion rate, however ~Wed/Thu I've seen that almost halved, without ryhme or reason i'm starting to think this may be the issue. I hope eBay fix this quick!

Same here, Wednesday & Thursday - 0 sales ! followed by 1 sale on Friday & 1 today, completely unprecedented & 95% down as compared to the week before or the week before that.

In those threads from ebay.com listed above many buyers report the issues for them started on Wednesday the 24th & it's still continues, they're not able to buy, put item in their basket, not able to view pictures & get "it's not you it's us" "ebay server down" messages or the page simply freeze when trying to. 

Some report not just the problem using Safari but also when using Firefox now, some with the newest system & updates.

I remember reading somewhere that ebay updated something for the Mac users recently? as there was a glitch showing old delivery addresses for them instead of their current ones? 

Possibly this is what triggered this problem.

Message 13 of 29
See Most Recent

Has eBay said anything regarding this issue yet?, Just going from the decline in my sales it must be hugely affecting the turnover of the platform in general i cant imagine eBay would ignore this, i am concerned this hasnt been fixed yet, if our sales are down so too must be eBays revenues.

Message 14 of 29
See Most Recent

are eBay even aware currently there service status is all good apparently https://www.ebay.co.uk/sts  https://www.ebay.com/sts

Message 15 of 29
See Most Recent

hi,

based on previous experience eBay wont say or fix anything until there is a huge amounts of complaints, esp if the issue happens just before the weekend,  ebay employees or the tech department are not working at the weekends as far as I know.

Fingers crossed this will be fixed early next week.

I remember the same issues happening from time to time each time there is an "update" on eBay.

It's not even a matter of buyers using older operating systems because many use the latest & are still affected by this latest bug. 

A while ago I read about the demographic of ebay users & it's mostly older, retired generation rather then the younger tech savy so ebay must cater for those customers & test all their updates to make sure they work on all operating systems & not just the latest cell phone before they release them live. 

Many older people I know dont even own a cell phones, they use their old PC, Macs that usually work on all other platforms fine including their banks, so why not on ebay ?

Message 16 of 29
See Most Recent

@threeeight-3d wrote:

are eBay even aware currently there service status is all good apparently https://www.ebay.co.uk/sts  https://www.ebay.com/sts

It's always been "good" as far as I remember, it never reflects experienced reality on the ground, probably been broken for ages & never fixed.

Message 17 of 29
See Most Recent

I hope they fix it soon, If anyone has the exact Browser(and version) OS(and version) device(and version) that this issue appears on that would be really useful, i'm currently on the latest version of OSX and i cannot replicate this issue in safari 

Message 18 of 29
See Most Recent

Exactly the same issue here for the same number of days on Firefox, Safari (and according to others on here, other brwsers too such as Chrome and Pale Moon. I've complained to eBay several times as it's definitely an issue at their end, but no response or action. Side basically cannot use eBay on anything but my phone.

Message 19 of 29
See Most Recent

Yes, same here on both Firefox and Safari. Others are having the same issue for the last couple of days on Chrome and Pale Moon also. eBay really needs to smell the coffee on this one.

Message 20 of 29
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: