Will I pay a fee for reserve price again if my listing is auto-relisted for free?

I paid a fee (£10 or so) when listing my item in order to set a reserve price. I am told on the details of the listing it will be relisted automatically up to 8 times for free. I am wondering however if I will need to pay the fee for a reserve price again? The wording under reserve price (same as when I set it) is ambiguous to me.

May I politely ask that you respond if you know the answer to the question or are pretty sure, and not to just guess based on the wording. I appreciate it says 'whether the item sells or not' but I don't think that necessary implies each time, though am unsure hence asking.

IMG_8510.jpeg

Message 1 of 26
See Most Recent
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Will I pay a fee for reserve price again if my listing is auto-relisted for free?

Ah okay.

I have checked on Firefox, Safari & chrome on a mac, Firefox and safari on my iphone, and chrome on a windows computer, it is the same for me on all devices unfortunately. It is what it is. I believe the functionality of ebay can differ from user to user depending on various factors and depending on the listing, I'm not going to speculate, all I know is that I don't have that option available to me.

Message 21 of 26
See Most Recent

Re: Will I pay a fee for reserve price again if my listing is auto-relisted for free?

@ma_999637 wrote:

Ah okay.

I have checked on Firefox, Safari & chrome on a mac, Firefox and safari on my iphone, and chrome on a windows computer, it is the same for me on all devices unfortunately. It is what it is. I believe the functionality of ebay can differ from user to user depending on various factors and depending on the listing, I'm not going to speculate, all I know is that I don't have that option available to me.

Oh well that's eBay for you.

Maybe do as tressygirl suggested in post 6 and end your listing early near the end of the auction.

Message 22 of 26
See Most Recent

Hi ma, I've been trying to find out the answer to this question and I gotta say, I didn't find it in your replies 😆 I simply want to know, when it automatically relists, do you pay ANOTHER. 4% for a reserve or does it count for every auto relisting? Or does it only count for the initial listing? I've no idea 🤷😄 I don't know whether to cancel my auto relisting and put it up again for £50 or leave it to auto relist because each relisting includes a one-time only reserve fee 🤯 Can anyone help me.....please .... 🤪 Greg

Message 23 of 26
See Most Recent

Yep,  if the item auto relists and you have not previously removed the reserve you will pay a 4% reserve fee, as listing fee are non refundable,  payable sale or no sale and charged the second the item goes live.

What I suggest is just before the item auto relists end it and it has no bids,   you'll still pay the reserve fee, but before you relist it,  remove the reserve,  and adjust the starting price to the lowest amount you are happy to receive.  That in effect acts as a ' reserve',  because it cannot sell for less.

Then,  if it doesn't sell and you haven't added any other optional listing upgrades,  there's nothing to pay.

Message 24 of 26
See Most Recent

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

The option to uncheck the auto relist box only appears on eBay's newer unified listing form (that's the one that has the Photos & Video fields located at the very top. If you can see the Titles field at the very top then you're using the older Quick Sell listing form, and it won't be there). 

Message 25 of 26
See Most Recent

Thank you ☺️🙏 As luck would have it, the listing is ending in an hour so I've gone in to revise and unchecked the auto relist box so I'm hoping that works....just in case someone pays the £50 at the close 🤪 GD

Message 26 of 26
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: