Sold a drone buyer has crashed it.

Sold a drone, he received it on 27th and sent me messages via ebay regarding contents. He said nothing about physical damage or issues and said he was going to fly it next day. 

Tonight he messaged me saying drone has faulty rota, damage which he sent a pciture of and a faulty battery. Wants 50% refund to get it repaired as doesn't want hassle of returning it. 

I have rejected his claim as it had no damage and I flew it days before shipping it. I even put photos on waiting showing battery health. 

I'm concerned ebay will side with buyer or I end up getting a drone back that is now scrap as its clear he has crashed it.

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Has the buyer actually opened a claim through Ebay or are you just talking through messages ?.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Ebay will side with the buyer i suggest you just advise the buyer to open a return and return it as to the losses you've occurred you'll have to just take the hit or you can take the buyer to small claims court but won't do nothing for you they always side with the buyer

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Has the buyer actually opened a claim through Ebay or are you just talking through messages ?.

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

He first messaged me via ebay this evening saying he wants £80 from me to get it repaired. I refused, he then opened a case stating the item is damaged and faulty. I stated you inspected the item on the 27th as per eBay messages and didn't raise any concerns over damage at that time. 

I put on listing no returns due to nature of item but I know theft means nothing.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

I think unless you have any messages that indicate he has flown it since receiving it, therefore showing it was fine on delivery, it`s going to be a case of `he said he said`, because whilst you may be correct, your only guessing he`s crashed it. I know you have photos, but he`ll just argue it arrived damaged, having been so during transit.

I`d pay for the return if he opens a case, get it back and figure out if it`s worth repairing and it`s cost effective. If it is and you relist it, consider collection only for cash on collection, once they walk out with it then, their done.

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

@ady347 wrote:

He first messaged me via ebay this evening saying he wants £80 from me to get it repaired. I refused, he then opened a case stating the item is damaged and faulty. I stated you inspected the item on the 27th as per eBay messages and didn't raise any concerns over damage at that time. 

I put on listing no returns due to nature of item but I know theft means nothing.

He's opened a not as described case so you need to take action.

Do nothing and eBay will refund him and let him keep your item.

Accept the return, send him returns label and hope you get back what you sold.

Or partially refund like he wants.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: