So, because eBay can't secure their own site...

So, because eBay can't secure their own site, I'm now having to spend numerous times a day wasting my time signing into eBay because I've been signed out by...eBay.

New motto they can have for free: eBay - beyond a joke.

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

As far as i'm aware and can remember, it,s been that way ffor many many years. If i remember correctly, you used to be able to leave the site without signing out, come back a few hours later and you'd still be logged in, but for a while now, every time you leave the site, it logs you out automatically. I use windows and/or apps to remember my passwords, so should and does take seconds to sign in, but even without that, it takes seconds to type a password in, so i'm not sure how your wasteing that much of your life signing in 🤔

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

I think I'm wasting more of my life seeing those promoted advert offers when logging in. Enter saved password (annoying but easy enough).... Should be in...... Nope.... Promoted listings advert blah.....continue.....in. no option to tick don't show this again. 

It's a bit like eBay's every now and then improve your items to help them sell emails that come out every now and then. I only looked at that in the early days and from what I recall it suggested adding a specific nobody cares about and wasn't even relevant to the item. 

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

peturning
Conversationalist

I stay logged in and the session persists through browser restarts, PC restarts etc.

Are you using Firefox perhaps? I did have to disable "enhanced tracking protection" for ebay to fix an issue with me being logged out. Maybe other browsers are implementing similar strict controls, as far as I am aware the Firefox enhanced tracking protection should not cause any issue with first party cookies but I did notice that disabling it fixed my issue.

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Same here, sometimes it says don't recognise your id or password then it chucks me out to the page are you a new seller, that continues four times then eventually lets me in . That's on both website and app.

“What we’ve got here is failure to communicate.”
Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

@peturning wrote:

Are you using Firefox perhaps? 

Nope, Chrome on an iMac.

P.S. Actually had to log back in to eBay once again to reply.  🤣

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent