Non collection of goods

Sold a large heavy item in November.  Was on as collection only no returns but buyer asked if they arranged collection would i sell to them.  I agreed and waited but they eventually after a month they said postage was too dear and would have to wait til the next month.  It has now been 5 months and no reply from buyer! What are my rights??

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Non collection of goods

Had the buyer paid, or was it cash on collection too?

I would think its safe to say that after this period of time you should be entitled to relist the item to sell or get to a B & M auction house should the nature of the item warrant it.

If the buyer hasn't paid then block them (goto buyer requirements) so they can't bid again in the future. If the buyer had paid then its the right thing to do is refund them. - If they had paid I would send one more message saying you have 7 days to collect or arrange collection before refunding them. 

Matters now are between you and the seller as it is way past the thirty day money back gaurantee time with ebay, so they wont be interested.

My business was a finalist in the ebay business awards 2023.
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Non collection of goods

Good Morning Carolyn

You have been unlucky to have this happen.  If they have paid,which sounds unlikely, then refund their money and tell them that you can't wait any longer and relist, or get in touch with a local reputable auction house and see if they are interested in selling the item for you.  You can send them a picture.

Block your previous bidder and should you use eBay to sell this again then don't agree to any couriers insist on collection in person within 7 days of the auction ending.  Also ask for payment in cash on collection. Selling collection only items is a bit of a nightmare but good luck.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: