Sales Down For Anyone Else?

We are a business seller and used to get a good amount of sales per day.  However now it is very much down and it has been like this for a month now?  Also people are struggling to buy the listings as when the click add to basket, it just says 'Thank you for your purchase' and they are no longet able to buy them?  Anyone else getting this or it is just us?

Message 1 of 15
See Most Recent
14 REPLIES 14

This week has been the worst i've ever had, started in November 2009, and this should be the busy period for my products.

Message 2 of 15
See Most Recent

There is a post like this at least once every week.

Some people have really been struggling to sell in the current economic climate. I am now on my third consecutive poor week, selling much less than I would have expected, and less than this time last year.

I haven't had any reports of buyers being unable to complete transactions. Perhaps someone else can comment a little more on that.

Message 3 of 15
See Most Recent

@labels_4_everything wrote:

We are a business seller and used to get a good amount of sales per day.  However now it is very much down and it has been like this for a month now?  Also people are struggling to buy the listings as when the click add to basket, it just says 'Thank you for your purchase' and they are no longet able to buy them?  Anyone else getting this or it is just us?

I'm selling off my personal items and it seems that my sales have just hit the wall running. Yes, there are issues with the economy and people really struggling and yes, there have been issues with trying to purchase items on eBay for nearly 2 weeks now. My prsonal experience os buying is that everytimne I go to checkout I get a message saying "Please check your card & available funds", of which on both counts, there's nothing wrong with either of my UK bank cards on file with eBay and both banks have more than enough funds to purchase items online.

I managed to find a work around  with the nonsense by using a combination of the website and App. I did that twice, posted a thread about having issues 2 weeks ago, and left it at that! It still doesn't work!

On the flip side, I had a buyer who was unable to accept the offer I sent out and then we had to spend 30 wasted and pointless minutes with yet another work around so that they could accept the offer and then be able to make payment.

So the economic issue is one thing but a broken checkout, offer, buy-it-now, and payment system is very much another! 😯🤐🤐

Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with a seat missing, but it hurts.

You may think you have pushed ALL my buttons, but you still haven't found the mute!
Message 4 of 15
See Most Recent

Past few weeks have been like pulling teeth. I'm overthinking and dropping prices to unprofitable levels......i guess just have to accept things are tough rn for everyone.

Message 5 of 15
See Most Recent

Council tax, water rates, energy price hikes, everything has landed on the doormat or in the inbox this month, then let's throw in the Easter weekend next week and there's not a lot to go round.

Message 6 of 15
See Most Recent

I do agree somewhat with what you say.    I also think there is definitely money around but people are probably being more selective on what they buy.  I think nowadays people either have money to spend or they are broke 😞    There really does not seem to be that grey area anymore.

For example i went to the NEXT sale yesterday and came out with a few bags full because they had at least 50% off.      The store was heaving and even with sale prices lots of people were spending (from what i could see) £150 plus.    This may also be why clothes sellers are struggling on Ebay.

Message 7 of 15
See Most Recent

Sales on ebay have been in steady decline for some time, have more 0 sales day then ever before. My other sites is a mixed bag some same as ebay others im doing more than ever, the answer i really don't know.

I sell every where i can and on everysite i can.

Message 8 of 15
See Most Recent

Sales are down for myself and 2 of my friends all business sellers, They have been down for months now, Not just one month, Lucky you if that is all the time you have had this worry, The search engines now are hopeless lots of random stuff comes up when you are searching for a specific item, So that must affect the buyers, They will not buy if they can not find what they are searching for, Item specifics which were meant to help sales are so random and terribly time consuming and certainly have not helped sales as far as I am concerned, I did try promoted listings but no sales ensued from those either, I know economic times are tough but E bay seems to have dropped down a deep hole and is unable to claw itself back out, I sell on other sites now and sales are reasonable on them, Such a shame as E bay was so reliable for so long, 

Message 9 of 15
See Most Recent

So True, I have never known E Bay to be so bad, 

Message 10 of 15
See Most Recent

One of the highest price hikes we have found is car insurance 😞

We have tax and insurance up for renewal the end of this month plus MOT.  Expensive month !

Message 11 of 15
See Most Recent

Standing joke in the village i live in, i spent more on road tax then i did on diesel last year.

Message 12 of 15
See Most Recent

One of the highest price hikes we have found is car insurance 

I reninsured at begining of month i paid less than last yearby £30.

My renewel was a joke shopped about got miles better deal, inc less access.

Problem with ebay shoppers (online in general is price comparrison) same product 100 different prices, but what do they get for that price. second class stamp or tracked delivery, comparrison search (google) doea'snt show the extras.

Message 13 of 15
See Most Recent

Ur not joking. Mine stayed relativel similar cuz i got a courier contract but ur right. Everything is just so expensive now.

Message 14 of 15
See Most Recent

BT, Sky and mobile tariff all risen for me aswell. Some pricing investigation for me to do there.
Gave the car up 2 years ago, during the rising fuel issues and the fact it had been rusting on the drive during covid caused some issues. 

Message 15 of 15
See Most Recent