SELLING ON EBAY

HI EVERYONE, LETS SEE IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME, I HAVE LISTED MORE THEN 50 PRODUCTS ON EBAY BUT ONLY GETTING SALE ON 1 LISTING WHICH IS 4-5 ORDERS EVERYDAY,ALL OTHER PRODUCTS ARE GOOD PRODUCTS TO, OTHER SELLERS GETTING SALE ON THEM, I LISTED CHEAPER THAN THEM BUT STILL I DNT GET ANY SALE, ANYONE CAN HELP

Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

SELLING ON EBAY

Market saturation. Lots of sellers selling the same products, often at a cheaper price. 

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

SELLING ON EBAY

IT MIGHT BE CONFUSING FOR YOUR BUYERS THAT YOU ARN'T REGISTERED AS A BUSSINESS WHEN YOU OBVIOUSLY ARE BUYING TO RESELL AS WELL AS DROPSHIPPING FROM CHINA

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein
Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

SELLING ON EBAY

papso22
Experienced Mentor

Perhaps buyers prefer sellers who trade legally and don't try and deny them their consumer rights?

Having a shop is not the same as registering as a business on eBay.

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

SELLING ON EBAY

Buyers know their rights when they buy online.

To many, your policy of 'no returns' would be a red flag, even if they don't look at the status of your account and realise that you are a business using a private account.

Upgrade to a business account.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sellercentre/selling/create-ebay-business-account

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

SELLING ON EBAY

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

Your lack of sales could be because of a number of things, for example -

Your profile shows numerous dissatisfied customers and your rating of 98.3% is very bad.

Your listings state “No returns accepted” yet you are clearly a business seller trading as a private seller in violation of eBay rules and the law.

You also claim improper protection because you claim to be a private seller by stating -

Consumer protection regulations resulting from EU consumer law are therefore not applicable. eBay buyer protection still applies to most purchases.”

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

SELLING ON EBAY

Yes, that would certainly put me off

I don't always buy from the cheapest seller, I buy from sellers who look like they can be trusted, not business sellers illegally listing items on a private account

If they are prepared to do that, can they be trusted? I certainly wouldn't take the chance, I would buy from a proper registered business, not someone trying to cheat buyers by refusing returns and pretending not to be a business! 

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

SELLING ON EBAY

I'm only an ordinary buyer and NOT one of the proper experts on here and I actually really like one of your products (cheese grater) but I would never buy from someone who is trading as a private seller when they should be registered as a buisness seller. 

Negative feedbacks would not prevent me from buying from a seller as I find their responses to those feedbacks more important as it allows me to see how professional they are and how they deal with problems and a couple of yours would definitely put me off.

I'm only one person but maybe there are other buyers who would feel the same way.

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

SELLING ON EBAY

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

Many buyers view business sellers listing items on their private account as one to avoid.

A private seller is one who is just selling off their own personal items such as clothes from their wardrobe, bits from their loft/garage etc.

A Business seller is someone who buys or makes items to sell on.  They need to be registered as a business to meet the requirements of UK law. They need to declare income to HMRC once they reach £1,000 worth of sales (eBay will be providing HMRC with your details anyway so it's vital to keep correct accounts for your tax return). You can obviously offset more expenses as a business seller, but can't offset any at all as a private one.  

To correctly register as a business seller simply go to your Personal Information in your account and to the right of Account Type, which will be showing as 'Individual'  you'll see an Edit option.

https://accountsettings.ebay.co.uk/profile

This doesn't affect your feedback profile or any current listings, it merely upgrades your account so that you're legally compliant. 

Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent