Royal Mail 2nd Class Large Letter

Good morning

I am new to selling on ebay.  I sent a vest top via the above but I've noticed this doesn't include tracking (£2.10)

So how am I to know if the buyer received their item?

I just wanted to save the buyer postage .

I have now set all my small items (that could fit in a large envelope) to Evri or Yodel who do include it.

Message 1 of 10
See Most Recent
9 REPLIES 9

Standard large letter doesn't have tracking but does have delivery confirmation.   If you bought it at your post office the number is on the receipt.   But don't worry about knowing if the buyer has received it.  I'm sure they'll let you know if they don't.   Don't contact them about it, just assume all is well unless you hear otherwise.

Message 2 of 10
See Most Recent

Thank you for your reply.

Thank you for using eBay Delivery.
Below you can find your QR code. Be ready to show it at the drop-off location.

I then received a proof of posting.

But as you have said, I'm sure they will let me know.  Thank you.

Message 3 of 10
See Most Recent

Hi, it's only £1.90 if you buy via ebay. Just go into orders and buy postage. All of the "tracking" is done for you. But yes, trust your buyer to tell you about  a non delivery...... 

Message 4 of 10
See Most Recent

Hi & thank you for your reply.  I did purchase through ebay & a 2nd class large came up as £2.10.  But it says when you select it that it is not tracked. 

Message 5 of 10
See Most Recent

I use 48 with royal mail it is a 2nd class service but has a delivery scan, this meets ebays requirment. I beleive standard 2nd class has no scan (unless something has changed).

Message 6 of 10
See Most Recent

Thank you for your reply.   

I think these are the best two with tracking?  

Evri Tracked

2 to 3 business days2 - 3 working days

0 to 1 kilogrammes, Max. 45 by 35 by 16 centimetres0 - 1 kg, Max. 45 x 35 x 16 cm

Tracking included: Yes

Compensation: Up to £25.00

£2.94 

Yodel Store to Door

2 to 3 business days2 - 3 working days

0 to 1 kilogrammes, Max. 120 by 50 by 50 centimetres0 - 1 kg, Max. 120 x 50 x 50 cm

Tracking included: Yes

Compensation: Up to £25.00

£2.88

But as I said I am new to selling, so maybe wrong.

Message 7 of 10
See Most Recent

rjwilmsi
Conversationalist

Royal Mail's large letters should come with a scan on delivery, which counts as "tracking" for eBay purposes. However, there is no interim tracking. Secondly, and the key point, in my experience the scan rate on large letters is nowhere near 100%, it is more like 80-85%. If the item isn't scanned on delivery then you have no proof of delivery, if buyer opens Item Not Received case you have to refund them in full.

A 250g 2nd class Large Letter is £2.10 retail price. If you want a fully tracked service then Tracked 48 Large Letter (up to 750g) is £2.70. If at all concerned about the risk of dishonest buyers / items "going missing" in the post then use the Tracked service and factor that in to your costs/postage prices - 60p more isn't much for the peace of mind and a much better postage service for the buyer.

Message 8 of 10
See Most Recent

Standars 2nd class LL gets a scan wich is a cheaper sevice than 48 is that correct? 

Id so thats new when did that come in? or is it just ebay basic 2nd class LL that get scannes

Message 9 of 10
See Most Recent

Thank you.  So I will stick with Yodel or Evri as they are both tracked.

Message 10 of 10
See Most Recent