Refund

I am a private seller and made an error in shoe size when listing an item. EBay wouldn't let me amend as a bids had been received.  Unfortunately the winner wasn't able to accept the smaller size. I agreed to a cancellation/refund & that's when I entered into an EBay dystopia. A IT glitch meant refund wouldn't go through never mind EBay was holding the money not me. I was unable to supply another payment method as a further glitch occurred. Seventeen phone calls and still no resolution. I am appalled by the lack of decent customer service support many of whom have accents that make it difficult to understand, don't listen, interrupt etc. I wrote to the Mare Street address a week ago, no acknowledgement. Does anyone have an email address for the EBay CEOfor Europe? Or any other advice to escape this nightmare?

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

Refund

sabe5994
Conversationalist

https://emailist.co.uk/ebay-ceo-email-address/?amp=1

🙂

Alternatively there is also;

Jamie Iannone
President and CEO
2025 Hamilton Ave
San Jose, CA 95125
(408) 376-7400
jiannone@ebay.com

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

Refund

Have you actually put through a cancellation request or have you just agreed to it `verbally` with the buyer?

if the auction has finished, you can ask the buyer to click on the `cancel transaction` link i the dropdown menu and you simply agree to it when it comes through, or click the dropdown tab on the sale yourself and click `cancel`.

if none of that works, the best thing to do is ring Ebay first thing and get them to help, you can request a callback here; REQUEST CALLBACK 

Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

Refund

In future, I would advise you to cancel the sale as soon as you find your listing is incorrect, and then relist with the correct version.

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

Refund

Unfortunately once a bid has been received you cannot amend the listing. I did try and contacted CS. I didn't notice the error until after bids had been made. 

Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

Refund

You can't amend, but you can end it as long as there are more than 12 hours to go.

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

Refund

"Unfortunately once a bid has been received you cannot amend the listing. I did try and contacted CS. I didn't notice the error until after bids had been made. "

I suggested you END it. not AMEND it. And then re-list. I'm aware that you cannot amend a listing once it has bids on it.

Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

Refund

I think I said CS told me I couldn't do that. No need to shout at me 

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

Refund

Although it's no help now if you cancelled the bids first you should have been able to amend your listing.

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

Refund

I'm having the same problem, I want to refund the buyer but can't!! I have tried to refund, the money is taken from my account for the refund. On the eBay page I get the error 'We ran into a problem. Please try again later.' Then a few minutes later the money goes back into my account.

Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

Refund

@mail4gary wrote:

I'm having the same problem, I want to refund the buyer but can't!! I have tried to refund, the money is taken from my account for the refund. On the eBay page I get the error 'We ran into a problem. Please try again later.' Then a few minutes later the money goes back into my account.

You will need to take that up with ebay CS.

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent