Refund

I am a private seller and made an error in shoe size when listing an item. EBay wouldn't let me amend as a bids had been received.  Unfortunately the winner wasn't able to accept the smaller size. I agreed to a cancellation/refund & that's when I entered into an EBay dystopia. A IT glitch meant refund wouldn't go through never mind EBay was holding the money not me. I was unable to supply another payment method as a further glitch occurred. Seventeen phone calls and still no resolution. I am appalled by the lack of decent customer service support many of whom have accents that make it difficult to understand, don't listen, interrupt etc. I wrote to the Mare Street address a week ago, no acknowledgement. Does anyone have an email address for the EBay CEOfor Europe? Or any other advice to escape this nightmare?

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

Refund

sabe5994
Conversationalist

https://emailist.co.uk/ebay-ceo-email-address/?amp=1

🙂

Alternatively there is also;

Jamie Iannone
President and CEO
2025 Hamilton Ave
San Jose, CA 95125
(408) 376-7400
jiannone@ebay.com

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

Refund

Have you actually put through a cancellation request or have you just agreed to it `verbally` with the buyer?

if the auction has finished, you can ask the buyer to click on the `cancel transaction` link i the dropdown menu and you simply agree to it when it comes through, or click the dropdown tab on the sale yourself and click `cancel`.

if none of that works, the best thing to do is ring Ebay first thing and get them to help, you can request a callback here; REQUEST CALLBACK 

Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

Refund

In future, I would advise you to cancel the sale as soon as you find your listing is incorrect, and then relist with the correct version.

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

Refund

Unfortunately once a bid has been received you cannot amend the listing. I did try and contacted CS. I didn't notice the error until after bids had been made. 

Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

Refund

You can't amend, but you can end it as long as there are more than 12 hours to go.

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

Refund

"Unfortunately once a bid has been received you cannot amend the listing. I did try and contacted CS. I didn't notice the error until after bids had been made. "

I suggested you END it. not AMEND it. And then re-list. I'm aware that you cannot amend a listing once it has bids on it.

Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

Refund

I think I said CS told me I couldn't do that. No need to shout at me 

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

Refund

Although it's no help now if you cancelled the bids first you should have been able to amend your listing.

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

Refund

I'm having the same problem, I want to refund the buyer but can't!! I have tried to refund, the money is taken from my account for the refund. On the eBay page I get the error 'We ran into a problem. Please try again later.' Then a few minutes later the money goes back into my account.

Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

Refund

@mail4gary wrote:

I'm having the same problem, I want to refund the buyer but can't!! I have tried to refund, the money is taken from my account for the refund. On the eBay page I get the error 'We ran into a problem. Please try again later.' Then a few minutes later the money goes back into my account.

You will need to take that up with ebay CS.

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: