Non payment

I am getting totally fed up with the number of bidders who do not pay.  It is definitely on the increase and I am not sure quite what measures eBay are taking to counteract this.  I know the bidder will get a strike but how does this affect their ability to bid in future. Does anyone know? I do feel eBay needs to instigate harder penalties for non payers.

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Non payment

Many thanks will go into preferences now.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Non payment

@pzazz12 wrote:

I am getting totally fed up with the number of bidders who do not pay.  It is definitely on the increase and I am not sure quite what measures eBay are taking to counteract this.  I know the bidder will get a strike but how does this affect their ability to bid in future. Does anyone know? I do feel eBay needs to instigate harder penalties for non payers.

If you have your preferences set to block buyers with two or more non-payment strikes, as most wise sellers have, you will not be troubled by persistent non payers. And persistent non payers will be unable to buy from a lot of sellers.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/bmgt/buyerrequirements

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Non payment

At the moment eBay have an option ,  well all sellers have been opted in,   with the option to opt out,  excuse the many options here,  to select an immediate payment for anyone who accepts an offer,  they are thinking of rolling this out for auction winners too.

I rarely do auctions but find payments nearly always come late,  but to be expected in a way as few may watch an auction to the end to know they have won, and only realise when seeing eBay sending them a message ' Congrats you've won,  please pay now'.

Yes,  non payers do get a strike for non payment 2 leading to a restriction on buying from many sellers for a full 12 months.

New members do get restrictions on the number of bids they can initially place, even more so if they are the ones not paying when winning.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Non payment

Many thanks, now at least I understand the 'strike system

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Non payment

Many thanks will go into preferences now.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent