Listing items in another country (with lower FVF) for sale in UK and dispatched from the UK

Is this possible? Ebay fees have become prohibitive, I've been looking at alternatives Facebook, Amazon etc. I noticed an article about ebay.de dropping fees to either 0 or 3% as they were losign market share to other platforms.

Does anyone know if i would be possible to list an item on ebay.de with a dispatch address of UK? 

Presume this would mean a need for a german bank account or just use the IBAN for my uk one?

Very little research clearly but just wondered if anyone has considered this? 

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

Listing items in another country (with lower FVF) for sale in UK and dispatched from the UK

Hi worcestermusic, thanks for your post.

Please note that it wouldn't be possible to register the German site without a German bank account, as you can only register bank accounts from the same region. In terms of fees, only private sellers can list for 0% since March 2023 on eBay Germany. However, any item that is shipped to any other countries outside of Germany would be considered an international transaction, so an international fee will apply.

We are not experts on the German site, but you can see more about their fees here. You can use the translate feature of your browser to translate from German to English.

Thank you,

Marco

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

I had no idea that the German site had it so good.

It's interesting that the 0% fees started in March 2023, just around the same time that many UK users stopped receiving the (up until then) regular FVF offers.

Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

Germany is a whole different beast even for private accounts, they can only sell upto 30 items otherwise its all passed over to the tax authorities, if you sell 'luxury' items over £600 thats taxed too. Whilst it seems great I doubt its that much better to be honest.

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

Might be wise to register correctly first ?.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/selling-policies/business-seller-policy?id=4710

Private sellers don't have more than 10 available of brand new items 🙄

Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

Is this a rule re 10 items? 

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

It would work much better for me. 30 items would be more than enough if I don't have any fees to pay.

Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

Please change the record. If you want to discuss incorrectly registered business sellers, create your own thread about it.
I'm so tired of EVERY thread that involves the discussion of fees being sabotaged by disgruntled business sellers.

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

Listing on an EU site but holding stock/items in UK and sending from UK and having on your listing -

"Registered as private seller, so consumer rights stemming from EU consumer protection law do not apply. eBay Money Back Guarantee still applies to most purchases."

Is most likely going to cause you serious problems.

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

@ereiam-jh wrote:

Please change the record. If you want to discuss incorrectly registered business sellers, create your own thread about it.
I'm so tired of EVERY thread that involves the discussion of fees being sabotaged by disgruntled business sellers.

Who made you the boss of what can and can't be posted?

Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

@worcestermusic wrote:

Is this a rule re 10 items? 

No, the rule is that if you buy to sell you have to have a business account.  Having 10 brand new items is a very strong indication that you buy to sell.

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent