List empty and i sold item

HI All

my lists and everything is empty since i closed business down on ebay, but ive had an email say sold something i thought it was a scam but now ive been paid (every week) but i still have no listing or stock anywhere and im trying find away to talk to ebay about this 

Thanks 

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

Here's a link to get a call back or chat with eBay CS.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid 

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

You can't have sold anything if you had nothing listed - there are no sold items showing in the recent history of the account you have posted from.

I suspect this is a scam; how do you know you have been paid? Have you received an email saying you have received PayPal funds? Did you click any links in any emails you received?

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

Hi 

I had an email with payout and the bank has ebay payment of same amount going in,

now ive just had another item sold payout will not be till tuesday if its same problem 

thank you

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

How many eBay accounts do you have?

Have you checked the payments page in your account settings of each eBay account.

It should tell you what you sold (if you did) and what the payout was in the recent activity section.

Otherwise use the link provided in post 2 to get a callback or chat with customer services.

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

@lazeefi-31 wrote:

I had an email with payout and the bank has ebay payment of same amount going in,

now ive just had another item sold payout will not be till tuesday if its same problem 

thank you

You really need to work out what's going on. If you have no items listed but you're getting sale notifications and payments into your bank account your eBay account might be compromised. Are they relatively small amounts? If someone has hacked your account they might be trying to build up recent positive feedback in order to pull off a scam. For example, someone could register a stolen credit card to the account as a payment method then go on a spending spree. The cardholder would obviously report the card stolen, the sellers would use their tracking to avoid being out of pocket so eBay would try to recover the funds from your linked bank account.

You need to check the login credentials for any and all eBay accounts you have ever opened and change the passwords to something unique for each one and ensure 2-step verification is enabled. In the "You made the sale" emails you are receiving from eBay you should be able to click on the picture of the item that sold to be taken to the account that is affected - but check the email is valid before clicking any links and entering log-in details!

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

I'd have thought if you've sold an item and got paid but never sent it, because you say you don't have any listings, you'd be getting notified about not received cases against you.

How long ago did you close your business and stop listing?

Is it possible you had funds on hold for a while that is now slowly being released to you?

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

@douglaspuglas wrote:

I'd have thought if you've sold an item and got paid but never sent it, because you say you don't have any listings, you'd be getting notified about not received cases against you.

If someone has managed to access the OP's eBay account they wouldn't (read: shouldn't) be able to simply list some items, change the bank account details then disappear with the money. This is because the "know your customer" anti-money laundering checks eBay are obliged to perform should prevent the bank account used for payouts being changed to someone else's. However, they could list some (cheapish) items and actually send them out in order to receive some positive recent feedback.

I don't think eBay performs much verification on the payment methods added to an account for purchases - I'm not even sure if they check a credit card is actually registered in the eBay account holder's name. If someone had added a stolen or "borrowed" card to the account they could purchase something expensive and nothing would look fishy to the seller - the buyer would even have some recent positive feedback as a seller. Of course, the cardholder would report their card stolen or the transaction as unauthorised, the seller should be protected having the requisite tracking whilst the OP would be left footing the bill from their bank account.

@douglaspuglas wrote:

Is it possible you had funds on hold for a while that is now slowly being released to you?

I had thought about that but it doesn't explain the sale notification emails. If they were simply held funds being released there would only be "We sent your payout" type notifications.

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent