Item returned Addressee Gone Away

Hi,

Please can someone advise me. I sold an item for £15 plus £3.49 postage and sent the item via Royal Mail Tracked 48 and it has been returned to me. The postie wrote Address Incomplete and ticked the box Addressee Gone Away. My policy on the item stated that I do not accept returns. I haven't heard anything from the buyer yet and I haven't attempted to contact them.

Please can anyone tell me what I should do? Do I send a full refund or do I send a refund minus the postage? Or should I just message the seller? I'm worried that they willl ask me to send it again and how I would cover the postage for that?

If anyone could help I would be grateful as I have not come across this problem before and dont really know what to do.

Many thanks.

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

I think you should wait for the buyer to contact you. Until you find out what they want it's probably better not to act. If they do get in touch and want it resent they'll have to change their address on their account first. Then you'd have to decide whether you ask them to pay again for postage by sending an invoice or you decide to stump up for the postage out of your own pocket. 

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

I would message the buyer, explain what's happened and asm what they want to do, cancel or resend. If they want the item resent, they they need to repay the postage, either through paypay or bank transfer.

Personally, i'd cancel the transaction, problem with buyers address, but i'm not sure if you can deduct the postage or not, both if your allowed or how you do it.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Personally,   I would fully refund as currently you have the item and the buyer's money,  i's only right that one has to go.

Refund stating Problem with Buyer's Address.  Message the buyer explaining what has happened.

If you wish to resend the item,  I would relist it,  for the buyer to buy again this time ensuring the delivery address on the left had side before they pay at eBay checkout is correct.  This then will give you a new tracking number and you're covered if it goes missing again.  You could if you wish add any loss of postage then to the starting price of the item.

Or, if you feel this might happen again refund,  and block the buyer from returning.

Block them here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/bmgt/buyerrequirements

@brightee 

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Your policies are irrelevant.

If the buyer isnt happy they can return it.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent