con

i sold an item for 10 buy it now with 3.29 post  that ebay said it would cost when i posted it cost me 5.78 to send after ebay took its fees i got 4.76  back not even what it cost to send it how do people make money as i got nothing for item only part of my post charges  to me you may aswell just give ebay your good i will never list another item seems only ones they want on are power sellers and the joke of it i had wait 2 and a half weeks for my money i did get bk  even when i got good feedback from seller i have had it with this corrupt site as a buyer and seller time to close it had it with 

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

con

sites a con and rip off 

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

con

You don`t have to go with Ebays suggested postage. First thing i`d buy, is a cheap set of scales, so you can weigh the item and get a price before listing. When setting your postage charge, bare in mind that Ebay take fees from postage charges now and have for a long time.

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

con

on top of the advice from knight rider, also there is a tool you can use that works out all fees and lets you know what profit you will make from an item.

ebayfeescalculator

very handy to know when working out profit againsts costs.

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

con

It's entirely on you to set the correct amount of postage and packing on each of your items so that you don't make a 'loss' when selling things. Basic rule of Ebay selling....

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

con

Was this the Behringer Audiophile USB/Audio interface? If so, then the OP is a little disingenuous. 

The £10 selling price was not a "buy it now" transaction, as stated. In fact, that item sold by auction at its £10 starting price. As such, it’s not an eBay "con" but rather it’s the case of a seller setting the starting price too low and being over-optimistic about how many bids they’d attract. 

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

con

......and not being bothered to work out the 'correct' postage costs...

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: